[SOLVED] Does dedicated PCIe lanes in CPU works with other kind of devices?

Aug 5, 2020
Now a days, cpu have dedicated lanes for graphics and storage, as I could comprehend, storage lanes goes to m.2 for nvme or sata and graphic lanes goes to first x16 slot. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

So what dedicated graphics lanes means? If I put another kind of (non-gpu) pcie device in first x16, will it work or not?

Solution
If you have a GPU, it goes in the first slot...(the communication lanes with CPU are essentially a straight shot to/from the GPU, and do not go thru a chipset to be allocated/shared with other devices, ergo, this is the optimal location to install a GPU)

If you are running with integrated graphics and not using a GPU at all, you can use the first slot for whatever function you choose.
If you have a GPU, it goes in the first slot...(the communication lanes with CPU are essentially a straight shot to/from the GPU, and do not go thru a chipset to be allocated/shared with other devices, ergo, this is the optimal location to install a GPU)

If you are running with integrated graphics and not using a GPU at all, you can use the first slot for whatever function you choose.

Solution