Question Does faster NVMe m.2 SSD help load and boot times?

Feb 16, 2024
Comparing a Solidigm P44 Pro verses a Solidigm P41 Plus. The Pro is definitely faster. TLC instead of QLC, has dram for cache, benchmarks notably faster. It's also considerably more expensive.

With your Linux or whatever OS and a game installed on Pro instead of Plus, might I be able to perceive any actual real difference between the two with boot and load times or anything else?

I've been trying to find online. I see comparisons with HDD, which obviously. And NVME verses SATA, which you can see the difference. But I can't seem to figure out the right search words to find tests for real world comparisons between different speeds of NVME. SSD reviews I find always use benchmarks not actual system performance.

One person told me that with NVME most programs have not been designed to properly use their code or whatever (can't think of best term for that) so alot of that speed goes to waste.

On a related note, I wish tom's hardware did benchmarks involving real system performance. How long it takes for the OS to boot, a game to boot, transition between areas etc.

Feb 16, 2024
Thanks for the links though the "taste test" video wasn't that useful.

But forget gen 3 verses gen 4, what about SSD with dram cache verses without? Anyone know of benchmarks that compare those two for OS boot times and game load times that they can pls link me to?