Question Does my Motherboard support 2 GPU´s ??

Jun 8, 2023
Hey i recently thought about getting a second graphic card because my first is not the best and i wanna upgrade and since im not really sure where my first gpu is located and im not really comfortable with doing stuff on my own i wanted to know if my motherboard is compatible with a second gpu.
These are my specs:
-Mainboard: Asus Prime A320M-K, AMD A320
-Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4x 4.2GHz
-RAM: 16GB DDR4-RAM PC-3000 (2x 8GB)
-Grafic card (original) AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphic

You are using the motherboard's onboard graphics. That's not a discrete GPU. You can install any discrete GPU on one of the primary PCIe slots.

Expansion Slots on your mobo:

3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)
2nd and 1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics /7th Generation A-series/Athlon X4 Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x8 mode)
AMD Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x4 mode)
AMD A320 chipset
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1

D

Deleted member 2947362

I'm fairly sure his CPU will limit any dedicated GPU to x8 PCIe due to the native speed of the CPU's PCie I'm not 100% but i think all of the early APU's up until the 7 gen of ryzen which I think have igp but can do x16 pcie 5.0 but thats just of the top of my head so they would have to check up.

I'm fairly sure his CPU will limit any dedicated GPU to x8 PCIe due to the native speed of the CPU's PCie I'm not 100% but i think all of the early APU's up until the 7 gen of ryzen which I think have igp but can do x16 pcie 5.0 but thats just of the top of my head so they would have to check up.
You are right about 16 PCIe lines but his MB has only one PCIe x16 and when a dedicated GPU is used IGPU is disconnected so all16 PCIe lines are available for GPU.
Even if only 8 lines were available there would be just slight performance reduction. On the other hand many or most GPUs from low to mid performance (which is most that makes sense with the system) are actually PCIe x8-
I'd suggest AMD Rx 6600 as maximum GPU and it's x8 while still very much of an improvement over that IGPU, probably inorder of 4 or more times better.

Jun 8, 2023
You are using the motherboard's onboard graphics. That's not a discrete GPU. You can install any discrete GPU on one of the primary PCIe slots.

Expansion Slots on your mobo:

3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)
2nd and 1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics /7th Generation A-series/Athlon X4 Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x8 mode)
AMD Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x4 mode)
AMD A320 chipset
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1
Thank you for ur reply is there any Gpu u could reccomend me that in the price area of 100 - 150 € / $ ?