Question Does Ryzen Master need to be open to work?

Penrose

Commendable
May 26, 2019
So I installed Ryzen Master for my R5 2600 and overclocked it a bit, I'm just wondering if Ryzen Master needs to be opened for it to apply the overclock to my CPU, or does it set it automatically once I've applied it once? It also says Fast Boot should be disabled in the guide.

AMD Ryzen Master requires that the Windows 10 Power Options be configured such that the Power Button mode is set with Fast Boot disabled. This is necessary to allow the processor cores to all be enabled after a system power cycle

Does anyone else use Ryzen Master with fast boot on? And does it need to be open for its overclock profile to be applied every time I start my PC?

So I installed Ryzen Master for my R5 2600 and overclocked it a bit, I'm just wondering if Ryzen Master needs to be opened for it to apply the overclock to my CPU, or does it set it automatically once I've applied it once? It also says Fast Boot should be disabled in the guide.

Does anyone else use Ryzen Master with fast boot on? And does it need to be open for its overclock profile to be applied every time I start my PC?
RYZENMASTER doesn,t work automatically. You have to use a bios overclock to have it work automatically at boot up.

Reactions: DMAN999

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Ryzen Master can be used to OC BUT you would need to open it and apply the OC every time you boot into Windows.
But most people just use it to test possible OC's and then you go into the BIOS and apply the settings for the OC that was most Stable on your rig.
And YES it is highly recommended that you disable Fast Startup (in windows Power Plan Options) because it can cause issues that result in BSOD or data corruption or other issues when your CPU is OC'd.
You should also Disable Fast Boot in your BIOS when OCing.

Last edited: