Question Does the PSU count as exhaust fan?

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
Hello.

1. I got a question about my PSU and it is whether it can be used as an exhaust fan in my case. You see i have the Sharkoon Nightshark RGB and my PSU is top mounted and since the top space of the case is reserved for the PSU i cannot place any other exhaust fan but just one on the rear (or IN the rear idk). Right now as i got the case delivered i have 2 intake fans in the front (max amount of fans) and 1 exhaust (max amount aswell) in the rear. There is no more space for any fans except in the bottom (up to 3 fans placeable) of the case wich leads me questionable whether i can place 3 or even more intake fans and just deal with only 1 exhaust fan and a PSU (only if it can be counted as an exhaust fan).

2. And besides that, can you advice me about whether I should place the radiator bottom (possible up to 3 fans) or in the front (possible up to 2 fans) because I might get a water cooler in the future. And also whether I should go Pull, Push or Push/Pull configuration.

Btw both the front and the bottom sides have a dust filter so it is not going to be that much of a worse idea to put more intake fans right?

Thannks for reading <3

Last edited:
PSU is not really an exhaust fan. Granted air flows through it, but it's not exactly the same
If you want more fans = more noise, only if you are pushing serious hot air around, like big overclocks and multiple GPUs which I think you're not.
Watercoolers best work at front or top

Blensidi

Commendable
May 28, 2019
PSU is not really an exhaust fan. Granted air flows through it, but it's not exactly the same
If you want more fans = more noise, only if you are pushing serious hot air around, like big overclocks and multiple GPUs which I think you're not.
Watercoolers best work at front or top
I do not know how much louder it would get with more fans but lets keep that aside for first. More importanlty what I want to know whether the system will be cooled better or not (i know that a specific number of fans and their placement can cause the temperatures of GPU and CPU act differently). Sure it depends on the case and components which are installed but I thought maybe you have had experience with bottom placed fans.

And if I had the option to place the radiator at the top or front where would you place it and why?

Thanks for your reply.