[SOLVED] Does us msconfig delete the applications on the windows 10 copy?

Nov 10, 2021
I have two windows 10 installations, one on my hdd and one on my ssd. I want to delete the one on my hdd however I have other programs on there so I can’t just wipe the drive. I looked it up and saw that I can use msconfig ( I think it’s called ) to delete the old windows 10 on my hdd that I don’t use anymore. However I still have applications on the old windows copy that’s on my hdd that I want to get rid of. Does using msconfig to delete the old os also delete the applications that were on that old os?

Solution
Manipulating the data in msconfig only changes the boot info.
It does not remove the whole Windows, nor any applications.

The applications that may still live on your HDD are not useful in the OS installed on the SSD.
Doesn't work like that.

USAFRet

Titan

The applications that may still live on your HDD are not useful in the OS installed on the SSD.
Doesn't work like that.

Solution
Nov 10, 2021

Doesn't work like that.
https://www.digitalcitizen.life/how-uninstall-windows-8-windows-7-or-any-other-version-windows/ I was looking at this website and it says that you can click delete on the old windows 10 using msconfig. Also after I delete the os from my hdd does it delete the applications that were installed on that os? Or would it just be better to reset my pc and install my applications again like a fresh new pc.

USAFRet

Titan
Nov 10, 2021
Again...msconfig only works with the boot info, NOT the actual space on the drive.

"deleting windows"....how, exactly are you doing this?
I don’t really know what I’m doing since I’m new to pc’s but I just want to delete my extra copy of windows 10 from my hdd and also delete the applications that were installed on that windows 10. If you know how to do this let me know. Or would just doing a factory reset and wiping the computer and all the drives and just reinstalling my programs be better?

Nov 10, 2021
First, test this...

Power OFF
Physically disconnect the HDD
Power UP.
Does it boot properly?
Ok so I’m not at home right now but I do know that when I unplug my hdd it does boot to my ssd. I know this because one time when I was transferring cases I forgot to plug in my hdd and didn’t realize till I clicked on file explorer. So to answer your question, yes it does boot properly.

I don’t really know what I’m doing since I’m new to pc’s but I just want to delete my extra copy of windows 10 from my hdd and also delete the applications that were installed on that windows 10. If you know how to do this let me know. Or would just doing a factory reset and wiping the computer and all the drives and just reinstalling my programs be better?
If you have nothing you want to keep on the HDD, then reformatting it is easier than trying to delete Windows. Windows gets really pissy due to file permissions if you try to delete any instance of it even if you're not booted into it.