Don’t know what to upgrade first CPU OR GPU

Jun 14, 2018
I play CSGO and Player’s Unkown Battlegrounds. I get decent frames on CS but is choppy in 1080p however that is an easy fix by dropping to 4:3 1280x960. However, in PUBG lowest resolution 1280x720 all very low setting I struggle to keep stable 60 frames.
Specs: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/9237016
The best CPU I can get on this motherboard would be an i7 7700k but would a CPU or GPU upgrade be more beneficial?

My apologies, not used to people linking their builds via userbenchmark. The 1050 Ti is DECENT, but you might need a CPU upgrade as well. At this point, you need to consider whether it would be better to upgrade to a core i3 8000 series, which mind you, would require a new motherboard, or go for an i5 7400. Personally, I recommend the i5 for immediate performance, but moving to coffee lake secures a better upgrade path.

What you say is not really true.
If he upgrades to a new Gen 8 Intel, the Gen 9 are around the corner, and given Intel like to stop making their CPU's work on a previous generation motherboard. (7th gen lasted 9 months) then the only way to go is AMD for a motherboard that is guaranteed to work until 2020 and probably beyond.

Depends on how much you can get the 7700k for. Considering that you can get a new, very fast core i5 with a z370 motherboard for around the same price as a 7700k, the decision is yours to make. You can always go for a locked i5 as well, given that would save a fair bit of money that you could put towards a future GPU upgrade.

EDIT:
I should define what I mean by "better upgrade path." By going for a coffee lake series board, the OP would be able to upgrade at the most to a six-core twelve thread beast of a CPU, if need be in the future. The only thing Z390 is likely to support is new coffee lake CPU's, specifically 8-core+ models. Not of very much use to the OP. It's a better upgrade path when compared to kaby lake. AMD is definitely a viable alternative, but for the intel side, Z370's a great platform. Not to mention, intel's facing more and more issues with the new manufacturing process, so any MAJOR improvements won't be due for quite a while.

Can't be "solid" since like my previous post, Intel will probably update their motherboard again come 9th Gen CPU's which makes the motherboard redundant, yet again.

I am pleased my Intel z97 board has had a very long life with the same cpu for several generations.
Intel realised they can keep charging more money for people to keep changing.

Then whats wrong with the OP upgrading to a coffee lake i5? It's still an extremely good chip, and likely to last. My i7 6700k is still kicking, albeit in a different build now. 9th gen chips are likely to be fairly delayed, and even when they do come out, will the OP be needing more performance? Upgrading the motherboard is perfectly fine as well, given he'd not only be upgrading chipsets but moving to an overclockable platform as well.

Jun 14, 2018

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ what about this one its cheaper

Jun 14, 2018

what features would I be losing?

Jun 14, 2018

I'm too lazy to read all that what am I losing if I downgrade to the cheaper motherboard?