Don't believe the hype, Use VISTA.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
No you should all shut up, this guy is right, i have vista, and once you get into it, its really quite good.

however i do stress that if you build a new pc then get vista, if you have a pc wait for sp1 before you upgrade, ther are a few driver bugs, especially for gfx cards

divpers

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2002
I think we should go backwards to windows 2000. :p

Think what you will of me, but I never left Win2k for XP. Win 2000 still plays everything and does everything I'd like it to do just fine. I just didn't see the sense in spending a few hundred dollars on an upgrade I didn't need.

Vista is the same for me. I wonder how long I'll be using 2k. Vista doesn't give me one damned thing I need. Not one damned thing. So what's the point?

Frankly, I'm still happy as a lark with my 2k. Eventually, there will be games that it won't run. I suppose I'll have to buy XP then. The game I'm looking forward to, Warhammer Online - isn't even going to upgrade to DX10 so what do I care...

To hell with Vista. What's it good for, a desktop vista? Hell, my monitor is in front of a window looking out over the most gorgeous cedar trees. I already have a vista that can't be beat.

You can try to sell pure hype all you like and if you put enough $ into marketing you'll get some idjits to waste thier bucks on it.

I expect something for my money though.

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
lol @ Vista

there's nothing that you can do on Vista that in one way or another can't be done on XP (using less resources, and far more stable) unless your hung up on the window mode.

Beryl SVN - has just as much eye candy as Vista, so if your willing to learn linux then it works just fine for me. Dual booting is fine with me...

you can keep Vista for the next 6 months...