Honorable
Feb 2, 2016
Here's my specs
Motherboard: asus Amd rog crosshair VIII hero
Cpu: ryzen 9 5900x
Gpu: asus gtx 1080ti
Ram: ddr4, g.skill f4-3000c15q-32gtzr, cl15-16-16-35, 1.35v, 8Gx4 total 32gb
Psu: EVGA Supernova 750W G2 80plus Gold Rated Power Supply PSU
Fans: DEEP COOL,3 x Fan RF120 120mm,multi-coloured RF 120 3in1 120x120x25, I have 6 in total
Cpu cooler: H100i v2
Ssd: samsung 980 pro1tb, samsung 850 pro 256gb
Hdd: Western Digital Black 1TB WD1003FZE

The problem I'm having is I just received my new motherboard which is the crosshair viii hero and the ryzen 9 5900x all I did was use my old parts to add to new ones and the screen didn't turn on? So here's what I did to try fix it.

Step 1. I removed the ram and cpu and then format a usb to fat32 with the latest bios and put it into the bios slot and hold the bios button for three seconds till it flash 3 times and then the light become steady indicating nothing is happening?

Step 2. I removed the ram and had the ram in A2 and B2 and still nothing happening but getting a code 0D with dram light on steady.

Step 3. I removed the cmos battery and waited 5mins for hard reset and try to update the bios in step 1 but still the same result, bios blue light staying steady.

Step 4. I check the pins on cpu nothing is broken
Step 5. I check all the cables and all are in and properly and the ram are in to.
Step 6. I put everything in and waited 5 mins till something happenes but all I'm seeing is dram light on steady while everything is powered on and black screen.

I'm so confused on what to do now, everything turns on and light up but seeing dram light on steady throughout and monitor black screen?

Solution
This:

"Ram: ddr4, g.skill f4-3000c15q-32gtzr, cl15-16-16-35, 1.35v, 8Gx4 total 32gb "

Is the RAM from a matched kit for dual channel use? If you mixed and matched RAM modules doing so can lead to problems.

Go to Asus's website and verify that the installed RAM is compatible with the motherboard.

Check the motherboard's User Guide/Manual, the RAM QVL (Qualified Vendors" List) as well as the Asus website Forums and FAQs.

Another thing to check is the physical RAM installation. Some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM module be placed in a specific RAM slot.

Use the motherboard's instructions to clear CMOS.

Ralston18

Titan
This:

Is the RAM from a matched kit for dual channel use? If you mixed and matched RAM modules doing so can lead to problems.

Go to Asus's website and verify that the installed RAM is compatible with the motherboard.

Check the motherboard's User Guide/Manual, the RAM QVL (Qualified Vendors" List) as well as the Asus website Forums and FAQs.

Another thing to check is the physical RAM installation. Some motherboards require that the first physically installed RAM module be placed in a specific RAM slot.

Solution

Jammoy

Honorable
Feb 2, 2016
This:

G.SKILL F4-2400C15Q-32GTZR... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N9QN8CO?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share this is what I brought and as far as I know and check it should be compatible unless I'm wrong

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...5378_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_HERO_WI-FI_UM_WEB.pdf

CPU ryzen 9 5900x being 3rd generation - correct?

Page ix of the Motherboard's User manual lists the supported RAM - but you need to delve into the details. E.g. CAS Latency.

Installing memory is presented in Section 1.1.4 beginning on physically numbered Page 1-5. I did not note any requirement for a specific slot for the first RAM module.

I did note note a dependency on SPD per Page 1-6 which presents additional notes related to RAM installation.

Jammoy

Honorable
Feb 2, 2016
This motherboard?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...5378_ROG_CROSSHAIR_VIII_HERO_WI-FI_UM_WEB.pdf

CPU ryzen 9 5900x being 3rd generation - correct?

Page ix of the Motherboard's User manual lists the supported RAM - but you need to delve into the details. E.g. CAS Latency.

Installing memory is presented in Section 1.1.4 beginning on physically numbered Page 1-5. I did not note any requirement for a specific slot for the first RAM module.

I did note note a dependency on SPD per Page 1-6 which presents additional notes related to RAM installation.
That's the motherboard I have but without the WiFi. I've checked and the ram I'm using is 2400mhz 32gb in total and all the same. As I mentioned before I tried doing A2 and B2 slots for 2 RAM instead of 4, I even tried doing 1 slot and still dram light

Ralston18

Titan
To narrow down the problem:

If possible test other known working RAM modules in the current motherboard.

Test the existing RAM modules in another known working motherboard.

Determine if the memory problem follows the RAM or stays with the motherboard.

Neither test may be easy to do but the key is to to identify the culprit either directly or by elimination.

= = = =

PSU: "EVGA Supernova 750W G2 80plus Gold Rated Power Supply PSU "

How old? New, original, refurbished, used? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even mining?

Jammoy

Honorable
Feb 2, 2016
To narrow down the problem:

If possible test other known working RAM modules in the current motherboard.

Test the existing RAM modules in another known working motherboard.

Determine if the memory problem follows the RAM or stays with the motherboard.

Neither test may be easy to do but the key is to to identify the culprit either directly or by elimination.

= = = =

PSU: "EVGA Supernova 750W G2 80plus Gold Rated Power Supply PSU "

How old? New, original, refurbished, used? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even mining?
The psu is 5 years old and was just recently used and was working with my other motherboard and I haven't done any heavy overclocking on it. What I can do now is try the old ram on my previous motherboard to see if its working but don't have a cpu for my old motherboard. Could I just put the ram on my old motherboard and power it on to see if the dram light pops off to indicate if its working or not?

Jammoy

Honorable
Feb 2, 2016
In conclusion with ram and cpu in motherboard and powered on I get a code 0D with a yellow/oranges light indicating dram issues. I removed the cpu and ram which a red light turn on indicating cpu is missing. I removed the cpu and put ram in a red light indicating cpu is missing but when I put the ram and cpu together on the motherboard I get yellow/orange light. I think i need new rams as the old ones aren't compatible with either motherboard or cpu.

If someone can help me research my ram (F4-3000c15q-32gtzr, CL15-16-16-35, 8x4) if its compatible with my motherboard or ryzen 9 5900x that would be great

Jammoy

Honorable
Feb 2, 2016
Hello everyone

I figure out the problem and my pc is working properly hopefully. I downloaded the wrong bios onto the USB stick, I downloaded vii hero when I should of downloaded viii hero -_- in step 1 I mention earlier.

Thanks for help