Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2020
Hello,

I have built a rig using the following:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GBx2
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX1060

I have set everything up, mounted everything correctly (as far as I am aware), plugged in 24 pin and 8 pin power cables to mobo.
The monitor is connected by HDMI to the motherboard directly to utilize built-in graphics.
Fans on PSU and CPU heatsink are spinning and lighting up.
I did notice that the RESET and POWER LED's on the case are not lit but the buttons work as intended.
The main problem is that the DRAM LED light is solid red; all other lights are off; There is no display on the screen and keyboard/mouse are not lighting up.
I don't have a system speaker so I do not hear POST beeps.

I have tried:
Switching RAM to different slots 1 at a time; they worked at one point but CPU light was on; once I fixed CPU light by reseating CPU, the DRAM light came on.
Flashed BIOS to latest update.
Reset CMOS with screwdriver and reseating mobo battery.
Removed and reseated all components within the case.

Please advise on how to approach this. I feel like I've tried everything and would prefer not to return motherboard if not needed.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Thanks but the CPU comes with a latch lock so I can't just unscrew it. It's on there tight and can't really loosen but I flipped the latch to loosen it more and it still didn't help.

The CPU cooler should be on tight...don't run it with the latch loose.
"The monitor is connected by HDMI to the motherboard directly to utilize built-in graphics. "

The Ryzen 3700x does not have integrated graphics...you need to connect to the GTX1060 GPU.

Also your ram requires a minimum of1.35v to run at the XMP profile setting...you'll need to set the memory voltage manually if you want to enable XMP since the default memory voltage listed is 1.2v at 2133mhz speed.

May 25, 2020
"The monitor is connected by HDMI to the motherboard directly to utilize built-in graphics. "

The Ryzen 3700x does not have integrated graphics...you need to connect to the GTX1060 GPU.

Also your ram requires a minimum of1.35v to run at the XMP profile setting...you'll need to set the memory voltage manually if you want to enable XMP since the default memory voltage listed is 1.2v at 2133mhz speed.

Thanks for your reply. Even with the GPU inserted via riser and powered up, no display. DRAM light still on. No power to peripheral inputs either (keyboard and mouse).

Status
Not open for further replies.