Aug 9, 2019
Just for reference
AMD fx6300 6core
Sapphire rx580 8gb
Corsair vengeance 2x8gb
Corsair VS550W
MSI 970A-G43

Ok so i mostly play monster hunter world and recently upgraded to the rx580 from a 750ti, i was getting 45fps but i wanted more so i overclocked my cpu a bit since the temps were all good and i thought there may have been a cpu bottleneck, this made no difference. I downloaded a DDU and wiped the old drivers including something listed radeon r7 (which i am presuming is the built in graphics) which i think may have been a mistake. Reinstalled the drivers for the rx580 and BAM, i'm now getting 16fps this is irrespective of the graphics ingame being set to got mode or turd tier. I should also add that i have recently change the motherboard and cpu and still haven't reset windows so i'm wondering if there may be driver issue in there somewhere effecting me and one other though i had was that amd say a 500-550 watt system is a minimum requirement whether or not the gpu is getting enough power may be part of this.

any help would be appreciated,
sincerely Alex.

Solution
You stated "i have recently change the motherboard and cpu", is that to the FX6300 or something else? While the VS550 isn't a great power supply, it should be enough for an RX580 unless there is something wrong with it, it is really tired (old), or you have a lot of other things loading it down (lots of drives, for example).
You stated "i have recently change the motherboard and cpu", is that to the FX6300 or something else? While the VS550 isn't a great power supply, it should be enough for an RX580 unless there is something wrong with it, it is really tired (old), or you have a lot of other things loading it down (lots of drives, for example).

Solution
Aug 9, 2019
The change was to all the current hardware i listed and I've got 2 HDD's ones 500gb the other is a 1tb. my main gripe is that i was getting a usable FPS it was only when i used the DDU that i had the issue of the drop but if i am choking my current power supply that would be good to know.