Mk782001

Honorable
Sep 8, 2015
Hey, first of all i apologize if the name is vague and the tags aren't right, i have no idea what words to use specifically.

Soo the thing is I've been using the Sharing system of windows over my wifi to my other PCs and phones (both PCs accessing each other, 2-3 of their respective drives are shared basically), it was working fine until i changed the router, i haven't touched any settings or anything, it just shows "Cannot connect to <IP of that particular pc>" and i have no idea what to do, i can share whatever settings you guys need to help me out here cuz i have no idea what to share or not.
It's a local and private network and i gave only my microsoft account username/password as credentials for accessing the shared drives.

new router (temporary for 3 months)

Last edited:
The IP addresses of the systems in question most likely changed with the new router. You'll also want to check whether the new router has any kind of wireless isolation/segmentation on by default.

You'll need to verify that all computers are still on the network and can see each other (try ICMP). Then remap the drives that were shared using the new IPs (deleting the old ones).

Mk782001

Honorable
Sep 8, 2015
I have updated both PCs with the new ip addresses of each other and updated my phone's file manager's SMB IP addresses as well, that was the first thing I did actually, their range went from 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.101.3 for one of the PCs.
And wanted to ask if adding DNS to DHCP Server can cause this or not, i remember last one not having, this one has 3, here the Pic. Just wanna make sure.

And if not dhcp, how do I check or DO this:
You'll need to verify that all computers are still on the network and can see each other (try ICMP). Then remap the drives that were shared using the new IPs (deleting the old ones).

And this is the "new" router if that's helpful, it's temporary but it's still here for atleast 2-3 months

Last edited: