Drivers for 2100/2200 Epson Printers

ray

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2001

Do the later drivers improve the working of this printer, would appreciate
comments as I am having trouble getting good quality using the "best"
setting and Epson Paper. Any help appreciated.

Ray

--

This E-Mail has been checked by eTrust EZ Antivirus

It sounds like your problems may have more to do with not understanding
color management than with the drivers themselves. A printer of this class
will not yield the results of which it is capable unless you understand the
basics of color management. If you are not familiar with these issues spend
$29.95 and sign up for the Epson print academy on their web site. There are
demonstrations with clear tutorials about how to set things up to get better
results.

In article <cdmpl4$cqf$1$830fa7a5@news.demon.co.uk>,
rej@rpj-bexhill.demon.co.uk.removespam (Ray) wrote:

> Do the later drivers improve the working of this printer, would
> appreciate comments as I am having trouble getting good quality using
> the "best" setting and Epson Paper.

I doubt that the drivers are the problem. I've been using the supplied
drivers for over a year and get superb results.

What do you mean by the 'best' setting? There are a lot of options in the
driver but I can't find one labelled 'best'. If you can give a more
detailed description of how you're printing, we may be able to help.

What software are you printing from?
Are you printing in colour or monochrome?
Which Epson paper are you using?
Are you using a paper profile?
If so, which one?
What are the exact driver settings you are using?

Jon.