mzik

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004

I have a system with dual boot 98/xp which worked fine
I had to reinstall the win98 and I canot boot to the xp- I dont get the
O/S selection screen
Is there a way to restor the dual boot without reinstallin the winXP?

Windows XP does not start on a computer that is configured for dual booting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315233

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"mzik" wrote:

| I have a system with dual boot 98/xp which worked fine
| I had to reinstall the win98 and I canot boot to the xp- I dont get the
| O/S selection screen
| Is there a way to restor the dual boot without reinstallin the winXP?

mzik

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004

I tried to apply what was writen in the article- boting the xp from the cd
and after the "R", chose "fixboot".
After that, the pc didnt boot atall.
I reinstalled the win98 and afet that the XP, but it now boots only to the
XP and there is no dual boot
Is there anything to do( not formating and starting anew)
thanks