[SOLVED] Dual Channel Motherboards

Jul 31, 2020
I came across dual channels, triple channels etc. motherboards on an A+ course I was taking. Is this information correct?

Solution
I came across dual channels, triple channels etc. motherboards on an A+ course I was taking. Is this information correct?
Yes, basically any MB with at least 2 memory slots can use memory in dual channel, Triple channel is pretty rare nowadays and quad channel pretty much reserved for very high end work stations and servers. All require identical RAM modules and CPUs that can work with that many channels. Memory controller (IMC) is built into modern CPUs, that's why they are important to RAM just as much as to MB.
Yes, basically any MB with at least 2 memory slots can use memory in dual channel, Triple channel is pretty rare nowadays and quad channel pretty much reserved for very high end work stations and servers. All require identical RAM modules and CPUs that can work with that many channels. Memory controller (IMC) is built into modern CPUs, that's why they are important to RAM just as much as to MB.

Solution