[SOLVED] Dual channel ram blue screen

Dec 13, 2021
I bought a laptop that is msi gl63 8Sd. It has 8 gb ram (1x8) .
And then i bought another 8gb ram that is the same ddr4-2667 but with different timing.
I used it and it work normally. After long time it goes blue screen.
the blue screen keeps on repeating unless i used one ram only.
Can anyone Help ?

Colif

Win 11 Master
if it was a PC I would suggest buying a set of 16gb of ram and replace both sticks with it

if you can get ram with same timings, I would buy one stick as laptops generally let you use mismatching ram provided timings are the same.

the safest option is a matching set, as they tested to work with each other. Less gambles.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if it was a PC I would suggest buying a set of 16gb of ram and replace both sticks with it

if you can get ram with same timings, I would buy one stick as laptops generally let you use mismatching ram provided timings are the same.

the safest option is a matching set, as they tested to work with each other. Less gambles.

Dec 13, 2021

is there a way to fix it without buying ram sticks?

geofelt

Titan
To fix, remove the second dimm and run with 8gb.
Possibly, the new dimm is defective.
To test,
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.
If the new stick is defective, return it; ram should have a lifetime warranty.

Check with the ram vendor(crucial,kingston, corsair,g.skil...)
Access their ram selection app and enter the make/model of your laptop.
You will get a list of supported ram upgrades.

Mismatched ram can always be a problem.
To be absolutely certain of trouble free operation, consider abandoning both sticks and replace with a supported 2 x 8gb kit.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS