bridge

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004

I am running a ATI All in Wonder Radeon (No #'s) and a NVidia GeForce
2. I have an Optiquest v95 (CRT) running on the Radeon and an
Optiquest 170b (LCD) running on the NVidia. For a dual monitor
extended desktop it works fine but the ATI thinks that it is running
two monitors. When the computer boots (XP) windows istalls the
monitors (Default and Plug & Play), but it installs 3; one for the
NVidia and two for the ATI, but the ATI can't handle running two
monitors. SO when i go and uninstall one of the monitor for the ATI
it is installed again the next time the computer boots. I can't get
ATI to stop thinking that it is running two monitors, unless i take
the other card out completely. Someone has to have some ideas.

tweak

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

have you tried uninstalling both at the same time, then
when it reboots it might possibly only reinstall the one monitor instead
of two