Question Dual Pump's make lot of noise while gaming

WWWouter

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
Hi,

I recently starting playing black desert online ( which is horrible at game optimazation) thus letting my gpu run overtime at 80-90% usage and processor same. after a little while of playing the pump starts going mayhem and runs overtime to cool them both which in turn makes noise as the pump is going 100%.

I have the EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial pump which should be more then enough to do the cooling. the gpu is around 65 degrees and the cpu arround 60 ( max 70 ). ( water flows from gpu to radiator to cpu to reservoir to pump => here back to gpu).

Is there a way to "limit" the speed of the pump so it stops making a lot of noise? i don't mind the pc getting 10 degrees hotter.

(Extra info: i think both the pumps still work fine as the pc is mouse silent when running normal tasks).

WWWouter

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2013
Is this a new problem which indicates you have lost cooling efficiency?

Are you running an overclock?

What case, actually full pc spec. A good case can make a difference to noise that escapes.
I have never really fully utilized the cpu/gpu to the this extent so it's one of the first times the pump has to go 100%.

I renewed the water inside the loop in October last year so +- 6 months ago ( EK cryofuel)

As for specs:
the GPU is the MSI gtx 1080 sea hawk ek x
all the fans inside the case are Noctua (NF-A14 and NF-S12B)
PSU: Seasonic Platinum 520 Fanless
pump: EK-XTOP Revo Dual D5 PWM Serial pump
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
Radiator: EK-Coolsteam PE 360 (triple )
CPU: intel core i5-6600K
16 gb ram ddr 4
Mobo: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
2 SSD Samsung 850 EVO in raid 0

The CPU has been overclocked a little bit to 4.2 ghz ( from 3.5 basis).

I personnaly don't think anything is faulty with the hardware, i would just like to adjust the sensor ( if possible ) of the water cooling pump so it doesn't run at 100% when the temp is 65 degrees. It should be safe enough i guess to let it run normally until 85 degrees.