Dual video card audio output to multiple TV's as monitors.

Rane777

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Good morning,

I have a little bit of an odd question concerning audio to multiple sources. At my work, in the NOC, we have a single HP Z440 Workstation that is hooked up to 8 TV's on the wall. These 8 Samsung 43" TV's are being run by two Nvidia Quadro M2000's (4 Display Ports per card = 8 total). We are using DP to HDMI conversion cables to run to all of the TV's. We occasionally watch cable on the HP Z440 Workstation. Is there a way to run the single audio source coming from the PC to all 8 TV speakers simultaneously? As far as I'm aware, it is not possible. You can do the stereo mix trick, but that requires two different port sources to be plugged in (i.e - a USB headset and a 3.5mm jack). Is there any way to carry the same audio output source signal into all 8 TV's simultaneously?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Solution
don't think there is a way to do that. Each HDMI will have its own audio playback option in the sound menu, there's no way to select more then one device as the default.

My cards don't have the option (4 670's) for audio but check the Nvidia control panel under the set up digital audio, you might be able to link all the audio ports together.

Rane777

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Well, we're able to get the audio to run to whatever TV we want through HDMI at the moment, but we'd like to get simultaneous audio from all 8 TV's at once, if possible; not just one at a time. Having the audio come from the far left TV or far right TV "only" is a bit irritating. I was just curious if there was a way to run audio output through all 8 of the TV's speakers. :) These TV's are also wall-mounted in a configuration of 4 and 4 (4 across the top, 4 across the bottom). There's not really any access to the back of the TV's and we'd like to avoid using extra cables. If possible, I'd love to just use the 8 Display Port to HDMI cables that are currently being used.

don't think there is a way to do that. Each HDMI will have its own audio playback option in the sound menu, there's no way to select more then one device as the default.

My cards don't have the option (4 670's) for audio but check the Nvidia control panel under the set up digital audio, you might be able to link all the audio ports together.

Solution