DV camcorder not discovered

I have a IEEE 1394 pcmcia card in a WIN XP SP1 system.
The card is recognized. The cable is not defective, I
have tested it with another device. I have a Sony MINI
DV DCR TRV33 camera that is not recognized by Windows.
It does not ping new hardware found and it is running off
of the power cable when it is put into VCR mode. It is
recognized from USB but this is too slow and gives me
choppy video.

Discovered that returning the PCMCIA card and buying a
different brand that uses a different driver (NEC instead
of TI) has made the difference.

I have come across (in this newsgroup) a poster with a Sony digital
camcorder that needed the cable in camera 'wiggled' a bit to get a good
connection! You might try that with both ends.

--
Cari
www.coribright.com