Ron

Does anyone know how I can add an internal DVD-RW to a system that has a DVD+R and a CD-ROM. I guess is it possible to have 2 slaves and 1 master? Thanks

No, one slave per master. However there is nothing to stop you having one
hard drive and three optical drives...or three hard drives and one optical
drive.

Any more than that and you can get a PCI controller card.
www.coribright.com

"ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how I can add an internal DVD-RW to a system that has a
DVD+R and a CD-ROM. I guess is it possible to have 2 slaves and 1 master?
Thanks

Yes you can.

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

> So I can slave the new DVD-/+rw off the hard drive?

Ron

I do have another DVD-RW and a CD-ROM installed. I have a dell that uses CS jumpers, do you think it will work? Basically I want 2 DVD optical drives and not sacarfice the CD-ROM. Do DVD drives function as CD-ROM drives too? Thanks

peter

Yes, it should work as a CD-Rom. But there may be problems when you burn CDs. XP may not work properly if you have 2 burners in the OS.

For myselves, I just use aDVD-Rom and a DVD burner.

Peter

----- ron wrote: -----

I do have another DVD-RW and a CD-ROM installed. I have a dell that uses CS jumpers, do you think it will work? Basically I want 2 DVD optical drives and not sacarfice the CD-ROM. Do DVD drives function as CD-ROM drives too? Thanks

Paul

Splendid

Well, no thats wrong too.

I use a Pioneer 4x dual DVD writer and an Asus 52x CDRW, in this system. No
probs at all. No conflicts. On the secondary IDE on an Asus P4P800 mobo.

They work independent of each other. The DVD is
the master (I use it only for burning to DVD thru Nero), and the normal CD
writer is the slave (Used with CD
Creator 6).