[SOLVED] Dynamic Hard Drive

Jan 16, 2019
Hello every one.
Recently i upgrade my pc i was using two hard drives one as basic and second as dynamic. I stored all my data in dynamic hard drive and unplugged now I'm trying to connect again in my new pc dynamic hard drive is showing on windows explorer and in disk management on clicking right mouse button it gives only two option one is convert to basic and other is import foreign something like.. My data is very important and i don't have any backup please suggest me which option should i follow because i don't wanna lose my data.
Thanks in advance.

Solution
What OS?
As long as the dynamic disk volume existed entirely on that one disk then importing the foreign disk group should allow you to access the data again (as long as you don't already have another dynamic disk group). But if that's the case then there was no real reason to create a dynamic disk in the first place.

The safer way to secure your data is to put it back in the original system and back up/convert the disk.

What OS?
As long as the dynamic disk volume existed entirely on that one disk then importing the foreign disk group should allow you to access the data again (as long as you don't already have another dynamic disk group). But if that's the case then there was no real reason to create a dynamic disk in the first place.

The safer way to secure your data is to put it back in the original system and back up/convert the disk.

Solution