EA Blocks Wang From Entering Origin

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neoverdugo

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Just because your last name is Wang doesn't mean that its an insult or saying an obscenity. What about Dick Tracy? Anyway, I find this a full of crap, this taboo shouldn't be allowed. Every US citizen should stop getting the cold feet when it comes to sex or any word related to it. (I refuse to call a US citizen American because they only represent a country, not the entire continent, even though I'm a US citizen myself)

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]gmarsack[/nom]I enjoyed the title of the article.. nicely worded.[/citation]
Yeah, I frequently want to return my Wang to its point of origin.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Yes I understand supposed l337 speak and the dumbass that use it, but the poster who said it was racist was aluding to the Spik element of the user name:-It was the Toms people who furthered the issue of the use of Wang even though the picture and information about the blocked user Spik3ballon contains no mention of Wang.If you are going to wax lyrical about people not reading posts it is advisable to do the same yourself first to prevent mass public humiliation.[/citation]
The racist word you are thinking of is spelled with a c at the end, not a k.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Yet another reason why censorship in the US is retarded. The other day i went to some site for some game, and mistakenly clicked "ENG" instead of "USA" and then went back, when I clicked USA, I was asked to enter my birthday. I mean really?

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]therabiddeer[/nom]The racist word you are thinking of is spelled with a c at the end, not a k.[/citation]
Obviously variations and conotations have been factored in, i'm sure Mexicans would still be offended by the use of "wetbak" even though it is spelled incorrectly.

If you went up to the local hispanic drug dealer and handed him a note that had "Spik" on it i'm sure he would still find it in his heart to pop a cap in your ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.