Ellen DeGeneres Made Apple Angry With Fake Ad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLJones

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
A little off topic

I have never owned anything apple and therefore can not judge their product. However, having read stories on this site and others about the way apple conducts it's business,limits it software and various other Apple philosophy's, I can in all honesty say that I will never buy an Apple product. Not based on their hardware, on their company's behavior.

I realize that Mr. Gates tried to do much of the same, but I always had a choice of what software I was going to use and even he eventually gave up.

I never had to "jail break" anything. I simply did not use I.E., didn't care that is was bundled, I used Netscape. Yes he made the window O.S. hostile towards software that wouldn't pay, so the rumor has it, but the worst I ever encountered was,this is not verified by M$, do you still want to install? Today, I can put any one of thousands(maybe even hundreds of thousands)of programs developed by whoever into my computer and not hear a single peep out of Mr. Gates.

Once I have bought your product, do not tell me what I can and can not do with it. If you buy a product that then allows the manufacturer to dictate the terms of use, then I guess you have different ideologies than me.

Trueno07

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Kinda like how Apple made PC's look clumsy, un-cool and generally hard to use?

You can dish it out but ya can't take it apple, eh?

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
and if she only put it on youtube, apple would not have gave a ****.
don't apologize, show it all the time, make more! you have the right to free speech.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
1.) Terrible fake commercial. I tried really hard to laugh and idk..it just wasn't funny at all i guess. seriously just an epic failure at trying to make a comic ad.

2.) apple is now beginning to believe that they control all mankind like they're the government or something, and Jobs should probably die because he can't take a joke to save his life.

3.) Good job Ellen. by apologizing you just made Apple believe that they're that much more powerful to do whatever they want. Wow..I really want to throw my iphone at the wall right now.

tgoods44

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I can't believe how much I agree with glorian, I don't hold any grudges against apple, but "hypocrisy at its best"

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
God forbid anyone make fun of apple. I mean come on they like to make fun of everyone else's products, but when there is a fake commercial that pokes fun at their products they act like they have been seriously wronged and their business has been hurt. Imagine that...

Hypocrisy at its best.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
Sounds to me like Apple did a bit more than just fuss.

Ellen: "No, Mr. Jobs. I didn't mean it! I swear!"
Jobs: "It's too late Ellen. We talked about this."
Ellen: "Please... no. I'll do anything. Not the jumper cables!"

G

Apple never takes anything well. Nor do they do anything well. Nor does Ellen.

G

Why does Apple get mad at that spoof commercial when they make those "I'm and Mac, I'm a PC" commercials trying to make Windows look bad? Can anyone say Hypocrisy?

"... iPod, iPad, and iHop." I can't believe everyone missed Mr. MacIntosh.

True Apple story ...
I work in Saudi Arabia. I was visiting the Navy Exchange on the navy base in Bahrain. Upstairs, they sell computers, including Apples. They had a low end system priced at about $1000 with no posted specs. Four guys walked by. One said, "Hmmm. No specs."

I said, "Hey, it's an Apple. Don't need specs. Someone will buy it anyway."

Three chuckles and a dirty look. Thin skinned, Apple fans are.

gfair

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2007
I love how everyone is jumping off the deep end assuming Apple is actually involved, when the only comments come from Ellen herself, and there's not one single iota of commentary from actual Apple employees.

Innocent before proven guilty? The biased always reverse that relationship.

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
Steve Jobs et al need to take a chill pill and figure out what it is like to have a sense of humor. Even though this is a joke, the problems she faced happens to people ALL THE TIME. My parents have a touch and I always see them fumbling the same way Ellen did in her commercial. Apple needs to apologize for being stupid.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Ellen Degeneres made Apple angry? Good! I'm glad someone did. Now if only Apple could make the iPhone easier to use so I'm not sending the wrong message to people.

G

Not a fan of Ellen, but wow, Apple is getting seriously stupid, their reason for being was to "fight the man" with the man being Microsoft, now they are "the man" and are starting be far more arrogant and ignorant in that position than Microsoft ever was. Another reason for me personally never to buy an Apple product.

digitalrazoe

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Apple... Get a gip ok ? no seriously .. get a grip. Because I just about enough of your pansy a$$ed proprietary BS. Thanks for the innovations.. But mad at Ellen ? Really ? If you are that hell bent on world domination like Microsoft then release something that uses OS-X that don't cost 4 car payments !!! No !! REALLY APPLE .. other than the hooks you put in your hardware and software you are an overpriced PC that still require some of us PC users to help those that bought macs to help fix because your service is too high priced !!! Mad at Ellen for making a joke that millions of people already made ? DaMn - - PUT OS-X on an IPAD have it run Final Cut Pro decently and Logic and maybe MAYBE I will consider buying one. Seriously .. Thats what we all expected of the I-Pad .. did you not listen to the consumers ? huh ? DID YOU ? I think not!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
WTF Apple?!

I've given you defense where I think its deserved. But this is quite stupid. Are you guys going nutz?

First, you raid a guys house ILLEGALLY - Hope you get sued for millions.

Now, you guys can't take a JOKE?! The silly I'm a PC for the past few years are fun and such, but you can't take an OBVIOUS joke.

Lets see, Ellen is a comedian. Her persona is that she's bumbling, can't figure things out. DUH! So she's making fun of herself with your product. Wow, another "free" advertising from a FAN and you want to be about it?! Somehow you threaten Ellen that she begs apology on TV?

Trust the folks here Apple and other common sense. You just had a woman say sorry for a joke to millions of women. You fracked up.

While I don't own ANY Apple products and can respect many of your products, you REALLY as a company, very ANTI-COOL even.

I was looking to buy the iPad for my mother since she won't use a computer. But I've changed my mind. Unfortunately, there isn't really anything else out there.

fit you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS