Ellen DeGeneres Made Apple Angry With Fake Ad

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

DeGeneres actually said something funny? That more newsworthy than this.

ddt529

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Did Apple somewhere forget about their I'm a Mac/PC commercials?
God forbid a little fun is poked at them. F Apple.

vladtepes

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
She is not apologizing, she is being sarcastic!. Am I the only one that sees the irony here?. Ihop? Mr Macintosh?. Apple is a jerk, as always

G

So let me see if I understand this right. Apple builds an entire campaign centered around poking fun at Windows and that's ok. But when someone pokes fun at Apple they get very upset. What's the proper word for this sort of thing? I keep coming back to hypocrisy but that doesn't seem to fit just right.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Every PC user should get in a optin botnet to DDoS the appstore 24/7 for this.

They can make 10s of misleading adds but she cannot make 1 fake add...

So we act like civilized people and DDoS them to oblivion until they apologize for EVERY SINGLE Im a PC/Im a Mac add!

reddragon72

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
She received all her items for free and she really does have issues with it. She made the commercial to send to friends, but then decided to air it and now Apple is mad about it and telling her that she may have to pay for her stuff so she apologized. That's my take on it, because she didn't look to enthusiastic when apologizing and saying she loves her I stuff.

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006

One would hope their sales would drop because of lack of humor however.

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
[citation][nom]fozzie76[/nom]It's official.. Apple is definitely the Man. Now it's time for someone to stick it to Apple.[/citation]

Who better to stick it to apple than Steve Colbert? =D
I'd love to see his next show laughing about apple telling him to apologize, then making a news report of a sex scandal at Apple where steve jobs is having an affair with an alien and stole their technology to make actual iRobots

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]reddragon72[/nom]She received all her items for free and she really does have issues with it. She made the commercial to send to friends, but then decided to air it and now Apple is mad about it and telling her that she may have to pay for her stuff so she apologized. That's my take on it, because she didn't look to enthusiastic when apologizing and saying she loves her I stuff.[/citation]

How can she afford a 200$ phone or a 2000$ laptop with her multi million dollar contract!?!

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
like all good jokes there is an element of truth. I used a blackberry for years and never got into the touch screen smart phones until I accidentally brple an iPhone 3GS last August.. The dudes company took over and refused to let me pay for it, but suffice it to say I ended up with an iPhone so I gave it a shot. The screen was cracked was all that was wrong with it, so I replaced it and viola, iPhone. I gave it a shot and for the first day or so the keyboard WAS infuriating. However, after using it more, I got better with it. I even switched to the darn thing from my blackberry. Now I zoom on that on screen keyboard. But my parents, they do ALMOST as bad as ellen, and my girlfriend who is also a blackberry user hates the touch screen to the point she wont even use the thing in the car to do nav for us. So apple needs to lighten up. They arent perfect.

olin9

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
Apple is too restrictive; I do not buy from any company that restricts my options with a product that I own. All Apple products suck. I will not allow any apple products in my house. I will not even use QuickTime. If something requires QuickTime to play it gets deleted.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Too bad the Iphone is on ATT or any GSM service, otherwise i'd probably pay for it. minus teh fact that i dont need a 100 / month cell phone plan. I get unlimited everything (including internet) on my phoen now for 40 a month, (yes free long distance too). an extra 360 bucks a year just to own an iphone? no thanks.

tolltier

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
She should've interrupted her replaying the fake commercial and had people raid the set demanding she stop the commercial at once.

elraver

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2009
lljones, I agree with you for the most part. However, you're not taking into account the Xbox and Xbox360. Each update from Microsoft combats people who want to modify their systems to do things like run linux or play homebrewed games and so on. They are telling people what they can and cannot do with the device they have spent hundreds of dollars on as well.

LLJones

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
lljones, I agree with you for the most part. However, you're not taking into account the Xbox and Xbox360. Each update from Microsoft combats people who want to modify their systems to do things like run linux or play homebrewed games and so on. They are telling people what they can and cannot do with the device they have spent hundreds of dollars on as well.

Not really the same. The vast number of people purchased the console with only one parameter. It was to play games. Anything after that is beyond the intended abilities of the console,PS being an exception. I did not even know the PS had Linux, I look at it and think,gaming,that's it. An i whatever is a multi- function device. Even more so than the console which upon it's original launch, could only play games(remember the cartridge?).

Everything else was an afterthought or bonus of the technology. I can put a movie/game/music on a DVD therefore one unit, to a greater or lesser degree, will play all three.

I have never heard of MS making their XBox hostile towards self developed games only towards copied CD/DVD. I would be happy to look at an article if you will post one.

Side note, I strongly disagree with not being able to backup your disc and use the backup as the primary disc. Feces occurs and then try to get a copy from the manufacturer. I have 3 BF2 keys. This is fun as I can fight myself.

i whatever's and computers are designed to accomplish a wide array of tasks and therefore use multiple programs. I will not let a company tell me which programs I can use to accomplish my goals.

If you really need to mod your console that much, then save up,beg borrow or steal the money to get a computer. The current market is phenomenal(hint hint)with the ability to build a VERY good computer at low cost. Stay away from pre-builds.

The only way in which I would use an Apple product is if I was lucky enough to find one. By a staggering coincidence, I found one at the bar last night. Let me tell you about it. Hang on a sec, someone is banging on my door...

kronos_cornelius

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2009
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]well to be fair, texting with a touch pad is harder than a keypad. It takes time to get used to and I still can't text on a touch screen without having to look at the screen. This isn't just an apple problem though.[/citation]
That is why I don't really like the Nexus One. The G1 has a great keyboard, but it is out of date by now. But you can choose the samsung M900 for a nice keyboard, the Droid does not have a nice keyboard. Oh wait, we are talking about iPhone, sorry people lord Jobs does not like keyboards. You either like what lord Jobs likes or you are out of luck. Be cautious of showing decent, you don't want lord Jobs to make you apologize on national television.

G

I can't wait for people to move away from apple. Their newer products coming on the market in the next few years are going to have unskippable ads that will force you to interact with them in order to get past them, to force you to watch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.