Ellen DeGeneres Made Apple Angry With Fake Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
well to be fair, texting with a touch pad is harder than a keypad. It takes time to get used to and I still can't text on a touch screen without having to look at the screen. This isn't just an apple problem though.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Seriously, does anyone actually think that the jerks at apple would #1 have any issues with the parody, and #2 actually go to the trouble and contact her about it coz their ittle wittle feewings got hurted by it??
Come on!
Lame parody, lamer apology.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
OK, the trained monkeys were told Apple did something bad, so away they post anti-Apple stuff! It's pathetic how easily people here are manipulated.

I don't blame Apple at all. A lot of people watch that show, and it definitely presented the product in a very negative way. For some housewife who doesn't really know that much about technology, it could easily have an impact. If I were at Apple, I wouldn't like it either. I don't know that complaining about it is a great idea though, it can garner more negative publicity than the original, and then Ellen, in obvious passive-aggressive defiance, showed it again, and mentioned IHOP to make it clear she was just avoiding problems, and perhaps not earnest in her apology.

The "commercial" is really lame, anyway. It's not funny.

But, it's Apple, so the trained monkeys get manipulated once more by their trainer, to post anti-Apple stuff and it makes them feel better.

It's really sad.

zaam

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
When I watched the clip, I thought it was mildly amusing, but I never once thought "zomg! The iPhone looks so complicated, I'm scared to buy one now."

Apple's over reacting. It's not like their sales will drop 100% because of this skit.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
It is too bad Ellen couldn't say what we would like to say to 'Apple' in this situation: Bite my big fat bone, get a life and a sense of humor, and shut up.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]OK, the trained monkeys were told Apple did something bad, so away they post anti-Apple stuff! It's pathetic how easily people here are manipulated.I don't blame Apple at all. A lot of people watch that show, and it definitely presented the product in a very negative way. For some housewife who doesn't really know that much about technology, it could easily have an impact. If I were at Apple, I wouldn't like it either. I don't know that complaining about it is a great idea though, it can garner more negative publicity than the original, and then Ellen, in obvious passive-aggressive defiance, showed it again, and mentioned IHOP to make it clear she was just avoiding problems, and perhaps not earnest in her apology. The "commercial" is really lame, anyway. It's not funny.But, it's Apple, so the trained monkeys get manipulated once more by their trainer, to post anti-Apple stuff and it makes them feel better. It's really sad.[/citation]
You mean like the misinformation that could impact PC companies in the PC vs Mac commercials? And that wasn't just a fake show once commercial, it was a series of commercials that ran for years, with each and ever one of them spreading misinformation, without Apple ever apologizing. Regardless of what you may think, there is a reason Apple get so much hate on forums, they are a bunch of hypocrites, they can do whatever they want, spread lies about anyone and no one can say anything, but the second someone does the same to them they start bitching and moaning.

Nuke_Meltdown

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
She is attacking the most important thing Apple care about, "Their Image". Apple doesn't care you frying an iPad on YouTube or blending an iPhone. As long as they can pursue their goal and the marketing machine is at full throttle...That's all they need...

akula2

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
This dumb has got into problems with Simon Cowell too.
On the top of that she started calling his name big and loud...
What kinda people the US has...one side are media leeches and other side has this type of quality!

pyroghozt

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Apple's entire target market is technophobic and Ellens fake add was clearly fake and a joke. Only the thickest person would mistake it for being serious. Oh wait a second there, could Apple be worried because they already know their target market are a bunch gullable morons? But I mean really more to the point how can they make her apologize for her advert? Where are Apple's apologies to the PC User base for misrepresenting us as fat turds who don't have any fun? When in truth the PC Gaming enthusiast certainly has more fun than any of the apple macnewbs who are only just now starting to move into gaming as Valve and Tripewire games will be available for them on steam next week.

The sad fact is even though this is an obvious example of Apple's egotistical arrogant mentality. Its only going to be good publicity for them...

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
My wife loves Ellen, and I have seen a few episodes. From what I can tell , the faux-mercial was just Ellen being herself using the iPhone. I am no fan of apple, but I don't see how Ellen's show downplays the usefulness of the device, rather Ellen's inability to use it. Isn't it nice to have a flock of terror-attorneys on hand to do thy bidding?

BTW, a few days ago Ellen gave her entire audience an iPod Touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.