Enough CPU grunt ?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Yes, but the more important question is, is your power supply strong enough?

A bit of OCing might boost your performance a bit with two cards but you wont be getting to much of a bottleneck even at stock.

theda

Distinguished
May 11, 2009

I will be upgrading to a 1000w psu to cope with power demand. Just hoping not to have to overclock. Will also be upgrading CPU with aftermarket fan. Thanks for quick response.

Any other opions?.

theda

Distinguished
May 11, 2009

Power supplu will be either, Corsair or Thermaltake or Antec. From what i have read , these get good reviews and are all sli & Nvidia certified.

Thanks guys for all your responses.

Moderator can now close thread.

kyle140

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
It would probably worthwhile to even mildly overclock the 920 seeing as how easy they respond to overclocking Even at stock voltage you should be able to get at least a couple hundred more mhz out of it if not more. even if you are running the stock cooling solution there still is a bit of headroom at stock voltages.

I know with my X-fire 5870 the OC was noticable in frame rate increases and especially with the vantage score lol

Was reading jonnyguru, and was suprised that this is actually a pretty nice deal:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182069&cm_re=Rosewill_Xtreme-_-17-182-069-_-Product

wow newegg still has that in stock, i bought that on 11/28/2007 for my last build (sold to a friend), good PSU and i got it for $85

Status
Not open for further replies.