I just built a new computer. P4 540 with Windows XP Pro installed, Asus
P5GD2 Deluxe mother board.. The system is running fine but I was wondering
how to enter safe mode? When I press F8 it takes me to boot options but
does not give me the option to boot in safe mode just to my CD Rom or hard
drive. CD Rom is listed first then hard drive. Any Ideas, this is my first
complete system build.

Thanks

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 03:07:56 -0600, "Travis A." <tachorn@cox.net> wrote:

>I just built a new computer. P4 540 with Windows XP Pro installed, Asus
>P5GD2 Deluxe mother board.. The system is running fine but I was wondering
>how to enter safe mode? When I press F8 it takes me to boot options but
>does not give me the option to boot in safe mode just to my CD Rom or hard
>drive. CD Rom is listed first then hard drive. Any Ideas, this is my first
>complete system build.

Wait a bit longer before hitting F8.

or you can add a line like this to your boot.ini file so you have a menu
option for Safe Mode:

Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /safeboot:minimal /sos /bootlog
/noguiboot

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/