Epson 1270 - No Ink on the paper

Felipe

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

I have succesfully changed the head of my Epson 1270 with the head of an
Epson 870. The only problem was that I couldn't clean all the
nozzles, not even with a special cleaning-liquid from "START". So I
disconnected the head and cleaned it by force with simply water.
After that, everything works, even the headcleaning. But I can't get
the 1270 printer so far that he prints, although the head moves over the
paper and the LED don't give a warning signal. If I put the head on a
870 body, the problem remains the same.

Is there a possibility to repair this head by resetting or putting other
liquid in the head?

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:43:15 +0200, in comp.periphs.printers Felipe
<concarne@wanadoo.nl> wrote:

>I have succesfully changed the head of my Epson 1270 with the head of an
> Epson 870. The only problem was that I couldn't clean all the
>nozzles, not even with a special cleaning-liquid from "START". So I
>disconnected the head and cleaned it by force with simply water.

If you mean you forced water through the head, you most likely damaged it.
http://EdwardGRuf.com

Paul

Splendid

"Felipe" <concarne@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
> I have succesfully changed the head of my Epson 1270 with the head of an
> Epson 870. The only problem was that I couldn't clean all the
> nozzles, not even with a special cleaning-liquid from "START". So I
> disconnected the head and cleaned it by force with simply water.
> After that, everything works, even the headcleaning. But I can't get
> the 1270 printer so far that he prints, although the head moves over the
> paper and the LED don't give a warning signal. If I put the head on a
> 870 body, the problem remains the same.
>
> Is there a possibility to repair this head by resetting or putting other
> liquid in the head?

You can pick from any of the following

1. The 870 head is not compatible with the 1270
2. You did not set the correct voltage for the new head
3. you used to much pressure when forcing the cleaning fluid through and
de-laminated the head.

Paul

Felipe

Distinguished
May 18, 2004

Ok, I destroyed it by using water.
Can somebody explain me what happened. For example, lost of printing
function by a chemical reaction? Or for mechanical reasons?
(One thing is for sure, you can interchange the heads of both types.)

Felipe wrote:
> I have succesfully changed the head of my Epson 1270 with the head of an
> Epson 870. The only problem was that I couldn't clean all the
> nozzles, not even with a special cleaning-liquid from "START". So I
> disconnected the head and cleaned it by force with simply water.
> After that, everything works, even the headcleaning. But I can't get the
> 1270 printer so far that he prints, although the head moves over the
> paper and the LED don't give a warning signal. If I put the head on a
> 870 body, the problem remains the same.
>
> Is there a possibility to repair this head by resetting or putting other
> liquid in the head?

Jim

> Ok, I destroyed it by using water.
> Can somebody explain me what happened. For example, lost of printing
> function by a chemical reaction? Or for mechanical reasons?
> (One thing is for sure, you can interchange the heads of both types.)

Most likely the high pressure of the water destroyed the very fine wires
which heat (and cure) the ink.
The heads must be replaced.
Jim

for cleaning info:

<A HREF="http://epsonhelp.web1000.com/printhead.html"></A>

for the service manual (dnld for US$10.99):

<A
HREF="http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=154&osCsid=41d4
fa2c9cfe44b1a6c1b2572071fff9"></A>

Epson heads do not take kindly to having fluids forced through them
They can become delaminated, shorted, etc. Chance are likely you have
killed the head.

Often, using an ammoniated window cleaner in an old cartridge and
allowing it to sit for several days will unclog all but the most clogged
head.

I know several websites are still out there which suggest some form of
forced fluids into the head. Having helped 1000's of people to repair
Epson head clogs, I can say that the number one cause of permanent
failure of an Epson head is forcing fluids through them.

I have tried to inform people about this as often as possible.
Unfortunately, the first time people encounter the issue is after they
already damaged the head.

Art

Felipe wrote:

> I have succesfully changed the head of my Epson 1270 with the head of an
> Epson 870. The only problem was that I couldn't clean all the
> nozzles, not even with a special cleaning-liquid from "START". So I
> disconnected the head and cleaned it by force with simply water.
> After that, everything works, even the headcleaning. But I can't get the
> 1270 printer so far that he prints, although the head moves over the
> paper and the LED don't give a warning signal. If I put the head on a
> 870 body, the problem remains the same.
>
> Is there a possibility to repair this head by resetting or putting other
> liquid in the head?

Jim, Epsons do not use a system which heats or cures the ink.

The ink remains cold. The system you speak of is used by Canon, HP and
Lexmark, and is called thermal inkjet systems, as opposed to
piezo-electric, which the Epsons use.

Art

Jim wrote:

> "Felipe" <concarne@wanadoo.nl> wrote in message
>
>>Ok, I destroyed it by using water.
>>Can somebody explain me what happened. For example, lost of printing
>>function by a chemical reaction? Or for mechanical reasons?
>>(One thing is for sure, you can interchange the heads of both types.)
>>

> Most likely the high pressure of the water destroyed the very fine wires
> which heat (and cure) the ink.
> The heads must be replaced.
> Jim

This is one of the website I was referring to which supplies techniques
which are known to cause head damage, and I strongly suggest people not
follow the injection fluid methods of clearing clogs on Epson printers.
Also, they sell their own cleaners, and warn you not to use ammoniated
window cleaner or alcohol. I have successfully helped thousands of
people to unclog Epson heads over the last several years using guess
what... ammoniated window cleaners and alcohol, which cost pennies, and
there have been no damaging effects that have ever been reported to me.

There is a way to more safely use a pressurized cleaning method, but it
is no tricky and so based upon experience that I never recommend it to
anyone. It is only a last ditch effort as the other methods almost
always work, with patience.

Art

LennyNY wrote:

> for cleaning info:
>
> <A HREF="http://epsonhelp.web1000.com/printhead.html"></A>
>

> for the service manual (dnld for US$10.99):
>
> <A
> HREF="http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=154&osCsid=41d4
> fa2c9cfe44b1a6c1b2572071fff9"></A>

ralfsher

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2009

LennyNY wrote:

> for cleaning info:
>
> <A HREF="http://epsonhelp.web1000.com/printhead.html"></A>
>

> for the service manual (dnld for US$10.99):
>
> <A
> HREF="http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=154&osCsid=41d4
> fa2c9cfe44b1a6c1b2572071fff9"></A>

Ralfsher wrote:
how do you get the window cleaner into the printer cartridge?

TRENDING THREADS