Epson 400 17" printer...

It became so quiet around this product. Recent Epson ad's does not
show it anymore. I am curious if this product is still around and
in use. I am considering to upgrade from my Canon S9000 to this
Epson. The size of print, support for more paper kinds and quite
large ink tanks are the attributes of choice! They say also that
Epson improved the speed of print to be a better match to Canon.

Thomas

I can tell you from experience Epson is a dishonest and corrupt
company. You may or may not recall the Stylus 1000 line which was
a wide format bubble jet. I got into it as a reseller selling to architects
and others doing CAD as that's my background and we were all
looking for reasonably priced wide format printing for check plots.

FOUR printers in a row were all bad and leaked ink all over the place.
I and my customers all danced the dance with repeated repair center
trips, letters to corporate management and everything one could
attempt to do to be reasonable.

Espon continued to lie claiming there was no problem with the
printers despite prints with ink leaked all over the paper. Epson
refused to refund our money for what was an obvious engineering
problem that found its way into production.

Rather than improve the product line Epson discontinued it.
Epson does not stand behind their products and they disrespect
resellers and customers. Epson is a company of lying stinking rats
from the lowliest employee all the way up to the top to the head rat.

I will never ever buy anything from Epson again for the rest of my
life and I know four of my former customers who made the same oath.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com

"ThomasH" <henrymot@some.net> wrote in message
> It became so quiet around this product. Recent Epson ad's does not
> show it anymore. I am curious if this product is still around and
> in use. I am considering to upgrade from my Canon S9000 to this
> Epson. The size of print, support for more paper kinds and quite
> large ink tanks are the attributes of choice! They say also that
> Epson improved the speed of print to be a better match to Canon.
>
> Thomas

It's been quite because not too many people have them yet. There has been a
delay by Epson due to demand. As soon as folks start printing with the 4000
you will hear lots of comments. I know there is lots of interest in this
printer.

"ThomasH" <henrymot@some.net> wrote in message
> It became so quiet around this product. Recent Epson ad's does not
> show it anymore. I am curious if this product is still around and
> in use. I am considering to upgrade from my Canon S9000 to this
> Epson. The size of print, support for more paper kinds and quite
> large ink tanks are the attributes of choice! They say also that
> Epson improved the speed of print to be a better match to Canon.
>
> Thomas

Jim

Shouldn't this be the model 4000? If you are thinking of the Epson Stylus
Color 400, it is long gone.
Jim

Jim wrote:

> Shouldn't this be the model 4000? If you are thinking of the Epson Stylus

Sure, my typo!

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/WideFormat/WideFormatDetail.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1750687078.1081738687@@@@&BV_EngineID=fadckdgllffgbfdmcfjgckidnk.0&cookies=no&infoType=Overview&oid=-11261&category=Wide+Format+Printers

Wow, they have a long, long, long-long-long URL on their web page!

Thomas

ThomasH wrote:

> Jim wrote:
> >
> > Shouldn't this be the model 4000? If you are thinking of the Epson Stylus
>
> Sure, my typo!
>
> http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/WideFormat/WideFormatDetail.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1750687078.1081738687@@@@&BV_EngineID=fadckdgllffgbfdmcfjgckidnk.0&cookies=no&infoType=Overview&oid=-11261&category=Wide+Format+Printers
>
> Wow, they have a long, long, long-long-long URL on their web page!

....and they do strange things... I wanted test the above URL and all
I got was a redirection to http://www.epson.com/SessionExpired.html!!

Strange Web coding indeed, who would invest money in developing such
convoluted system to a product blurb URL???

Anyway, the 4000 is to be found from www.epson.com via (links on the left side):
Click on US
Click on Printers
Click on Wide Format Printers (right side of the page)
Select StylusPro 4000

Thomas

In article <40784561.7CC376B3@comcast.net>, henrymot@some.net says...

>It became so quiet around this product. Recent Epson ad's does not
>show it anymore. I am curious if this product is still around and
>in use. I am considering to upgrade from my Canon S9000 to this
>Epson. The size of print, support for more paper kinds and quite
>large ink tanks are the attributes of choice! They say also that
>Epson improved the speed of print to be a better match to Canon.
>
>Thomas

They have only been out for 2 weeks and sales are way backed up, folks are
reporting being #50 or #100 in line for one. One place is giving discounts on
the 7600 for people tired of waiting. Reports have been not bad for this this
early in production. Want one? Expect this fall before the backorders are
cleared. By that time the 4000 will also have a track record.

Tom

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 02:56:05 GMT, "clintonG"
<csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote:

>I can tell you from experience Epson is a dishonest and corrupt
>company. You may or may not recall the Stylus 1000 line which was
>a wide format bubble jet. I got into it as a reseller selling to architects
>and

snip

>. Epson is a company of lying stinking rats
>from the lowliest employee all the way up to the top to the head rat.
>
>I will never ever buy anything from Epson again for the rest of my
>life and I know four of my former customers who made the same oath.

I'm sitting here with a bunch of Epsons getting good results, as are
many other people. I have a hunch you may have formed a conclusion
based on a particular product---a conclusion that is no longer
justified.

Your loss.......especially since you will do this also the minute
Canon or HP stubs their toe. Then where will you go?
**************************
Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

Tom Monego wrote:

> In article <40784561.7CC376B3@comcast.net>, henrymot@some.net says...
> >
> >It became so quiet around this product. Recent Epson ad's does not
> >show it anymore. I am curious if this product is still around and
> >in use. I am considering to upgrade from my Canon S9000 to this
> >Epson. The size of print, support for more paper kinds and quite
> >large ink tanks are the attributes of choice! They say also that
> >Epson improved the speed of print to be a better match to Canon.
> >
> >Thomas
>
> They have only been out for 2 weeks and sales are way backed up, folks are
> reporting being #50 or #100 in line for one. One place is giving discounts on
> the 7600 for people tired of waiting. Reports have been not bad for this this
> early in production. Want one? Expect this fall before the backorders are
> cleared. By that time the 4000 will also have a track record.
>
> Tom

Thanks Tom, I will followup on this in the rec.dgital
as we got there some more details about this product.

Thomas

>Thanks Tom, I will followup on this in the rec.dgital
>as we got there some more details about this product.
>
>Thomas

We're considering one too, we do a lot of model portfolios, for an agency BTW,
and need consistant B&W reasonably inexpensively (we now pay $2.50 per 8x10).
With a glossy paper the 4000 would be about a dollar. We have been very
disappointed with the printing of B&W prints on a Fuji Frontier and an AGFA
digital printer, they always have color shift.
Anyway a vendor called me today saying they have gotten the printer in. I
asked for some samples, they said they had just gotten it out of the box and
haven't done any test for even themselves. Also they had 1.

Tom

spirit

>We're considering one too, we do a lot of model portfolios, for an agency BTW,
>and need consistant B&W reasonably inexpensively (we now pay $2.50 per 8x10).
>With a glossy paper the 4000 would be about a dollar.

Now here's the rub, the printer won't accept Gloss in the tray and
they need to be hand-fed!!!!

However, changing the media will work, it will "fool" the printer into
accepting gloss, I've tried it and it has potential. The "worry" is
scratches, my new machine did not scratch.

I think a roll of paper might have better potential ~~ the curl
element needs consideration ~~ I have not tried a gloss roll and the
lustre finishes never curl as much as the gloss anyway.

Its claim to fame is fantastic B&W, I've not tried yet though.