Question Epson ES-300W scanner - Standalone driver for Windows 10

evx

Feb 24, 2022
Trying to connect an Epson ES-300W scanner to a Windows 10 PC via USB cable. Much to my surprise, Windows could not find a driver for it.

Going to the Epson support page, I found no standalone TWAIN driver available. The driver is only available as part of a bloated software package.

I called Epson support, who confirmed that a standalone driver is not available. This seems rather incredible to me. I've also tried searching elsewhere to see if anyone has stripped out the driver, but have found nothing. As I also could not find any dedicated Epson forums, I'm here asking for help.

Does anyone know of a standalone TWAIN driver that will work with this scanner & Win 10? I simply want to scan to existing software on the PC.

(We might also need to use this scanner on other PCS that will not allow us to install full software packages.)

Thank you!

Lutfij

Titan

evx

Feb 24, 2022
Thanks, but that is exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

I do not need and certainly don't want the Epson Scan 2 Utility, or ScanSmart, or Software Updater.

I ONLY want a simple TWAIN driver for the scanner to use with non-Epson software.

MrLitschel

Commendable
Nov 7, 2021
You might get around this by installing the Epson software which will install the drivers. After you confirm it works, then uninstall the Epson software which may give you an option to leave the drivers. I used to do that with Windows 7 systems so it might work.