[SOLVED] Epson Scanner not working on Windows 10 (64)

Feb 11, 2020
hello,
without any clear reason, the software of my scanner Epson Perfection V600 Photo is not running anymore on my machine:

The program starts:
https://ibb.co/m8sQVqW
And then it freeze on the application bar:
https://ibb.co/GVn1SFH

The Scan is correctly recognised by windows and works properly using the Microsoft Scan App.
I have reinstalled the Epson drivers/software.
I tried to set Compatibility mode for the Epson Scan software but without success.

Anyone has an idea how to solve this problem?
Thanks.

Solution
Any other USB devices on the computer?

Have you tried other known working USB cables?

Are you connecting the scanner directly to one of the computer's USB ports or are you connecting the scanner via an independently powered USB hub?

I.e.,

Computer[USB]-----[USB port] Hub [USB port]------Scanner

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or informational events associated with the scanner.

Try running the Window's 10 built in troubleshooters. They may find and fix something.

Are you able test the scanner on another computer?

Ralston18

Titan
How is the Epson scanner configured for network use?

Did you happen to leave IP "192.168.1.9" in the scanner configuration settings per the linked Compatibility Mode "Search for addresses" box?

My thought is that there may have just been some glitch and reinstalling the drivers set the scanner back to its' default IP address.

Double check that the scanner is configured to use a Static IP address that is outside of the router's allowed DHCP IP address range. And that the scanner's Static IP address is reserved on the router via the scanner's MAC.

Overall, Windows finds and can use the network scanner. The Epson software is stuck looking for the scanner...

Open the command prompt and enter "arp -a" (without quotes).

You should be able to discover the IP address that Windows recognize as being the scanner. And the scanner's MAC should be there also.

Feb 11, 2020
How is the Epson scanner configured for network use?

Did you happen to leave IP "192.168.1.9" in the scanner configuration settings per the linked Compatibility Mode "Search for addresses" box?

My thought is that there may have just been some glitch and reinstalling the drivers set the scanner back to its' default IP address.

Double check that the scanner is configured to use a Static IP address that is outside of the router's allowed DHCP IP address range. And that the scanner's Static IP address is reserved on the router via the scanner's MAC.

Overall, Windows finds and can use the network scanner. The Epson software is stuck looking for the scanner...

Open the command prompt and enter "arp -a" (without quotes).

You should be able to discover the IP address that Windows recognize as being the scanner. And the scanner's MAC should be there also.

The scan is currently connected via USB (https://ibb.co/Xxg0P56).
I cannot open the "Epson Scan Settings" as well - same issue, freezes on the application bar.

Ralston18

Titan
Any other USB devices on the computer?

Have you tried other known working USB cables?

Are you connecting the scanner directly to one of the computer's USB ports or are you connecting the scanner via an independently powered USB hub?

I.e.,

Computer[USB]-----[USB port] Hub [USB port]------Scanner

Look in Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or informational events associated with the scanner.

Try running the Window's 10 built in troubleshooters. They may find and fix something.

Are you able test the scanner on another computer?

Solution