EPSON Stylus Color 760: Keeps saying out of paper.......

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this ?

EPSON Stylus Color 760: It started reporting back that it is out of
paper despite the act that it is FULL of paper....

Is there any software thing or hardware jiggle that I can do to fix this
?

Obliged...

--
Howard

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:38:12 +0100, Howard9 <notreal@all.com> wrote:

>Hi guys,
>
>Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this ?

>EPSON Stylus Color 760: It started reporting back that it is out of
>paper despite the act that it is FULL of paper....

The Stylus Color 760 does not monitor the presence of paper in the
hopper tray.

What is the condition of the lights, LED, on the control panel?

Is it trying to load any paper when you try to print? When is it saying
it is out of paper? Usually this happens when the printer is unable to
load paper into the paper path for some reason, such as the wheels which
load the paper are slipping due to be being glazed. In that case, it
usually tries to load several times and then gives up and indicates out
of paper, since no paper was loaded into the paper path.

Art

In article <oct5g0tec04rpfm2aoml0ia1ior7dksvm9@4ax.com>,
bangsit@balay.ca says...
> On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:38:12 +0100, Howard9 <notreal@all.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on this ?
>
> >EPSON Stylus Color 760: It started reporting back that it is out of
> >paper despite the act that it is FULL of paper....
>
> The Stylus Color 760 does not monitor the presence of paper in the
> hopper tray.
>
> What is the condition of the lights, LED, on the control panel?

Lights are fine... it is the PC that keeps telling me... I got it
working again by adding almost half a ream... but when it goes down to
about 60 sheets it stops again...:(

--
Howard9

In article <yFHMc.88063$Rf.75117@edtnps84>, artistic@telus.net says...
> Is it trying to load any paper when you try to print?

No.

> When is it saying
> it is out of paper?

SHortly after telling it to print. Only the PC says so,not the
printer...

> Usually this happens when the printer is unable to
> load paper into the paper path for some reason, such as the wheels which
> load the paper are slipping due to be being glazed. In that case, it
> usually tries to load several times and then gives up and indicates out
> of paper, since no paper was loaded into the paper path.
>
> Art

No. no effort at all..

--
Howard9

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <MPG.1b6e513ddcf19dcf9896c6@free.teranews.com>, notreal@all.com
says...
> In article <yFHMc.88063$Rf.75117@edtnps84>, artistic@telus.net says...
> > Is it trying to load any paper when you try to print?
>
> No.
>
> > When is it saying
> > it is out of paper?
>
> SHortly after telling it to print. Only the PC says so,not the
> printer...
>
> > Usually this happens when the printer is unable to
> > load paper into the paper path for some reason, such as the wheels which
> > load the paper are slipping due to be being glazed. In that case, it
> > usually tries to load several times and then gives up and indicates out
> > of paper, since no paper was loaded into the paper path.
> >
> > Art
> >
> No. no effort at all..

check the printer cable at the computer end, dissconnect it, brush it off and
re-connect it (and tighten it if it is a parallel conection).

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

In article <MPG.1b6e13aefbe0bc699896fa@news.comcast.giganews.com>,
lastingimagery@comcast.dotnet says...
> In article <MPG.1b6e513ddcf19dcf9896c6@free.teranews.com>, notreal@all.com
> says...
> > In article <yFHMc.88063$Rf.75117@edtnps84>, artistic@telus.net says...
> > > Is it trying to load any paper when you try to print?
> >
> > No.
> >
> > > When is it saying
> > > it is out of paper?
> >
> > SHortly after telling it to print. Only the PC says so,not the
> > printer...
> >
> > > Usually this happens when the printer is unable to
> > > load paper into the paper path for some reason, such as the wheels which
> > > load the paper are slipping due to be being glazed. In that case, it
> > > usually tries to load several times and then gives up and indicates out
> > > of paper, since no paper was loaded into the paper path.
> > >
> > > Art
> > >
> > No. no effort at all..
> >

> check the printer cable at the computer end, dissconnect it, brush it off and
> re-connect it (and tighten it if it is a parallel conection).

Ok - thanks Larry !
--
Howard9