[SOLVED] Error – “USB drive not formatted”

nbawa94

BANNED
Sep 17, 2019
Whenever I plug-in my Kingston USB flash drive it is showing an error – “USB drive not formatted”. There are some important data files & some precious pictures which I cannot afford to lose. Is there any way to repair my flash drive & recover the data if there is any data loss situation??

Whenever I plug-in my Kingston USB flash drive it is showing an error – “USB drive not formatted”. There are some important data files & some precious pictures which I cannot afford to lose. Is there any way to repair my flash drive & recover the data if there is any data loss situation??

You will probably need to send the drive to a data recovery shop to get anything from it. Don't keep "important" things in a single place and for sure not a USB flash drive. That is probably the most unreliable media to use aside from maybe writing things down on a beach in sand.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
You will probably need to send the drive to a data recovery shop to get anything from it. Don't keep "important" things in a single place and for sure not a USB flash drive. That is probably the most unreliable media to use aside from maybe writing things down on a beach in sand.
I am dating myself, but when I worked in a communication center in the military, we used magnetic tape to store data.

I am dating myself, but when I worked in a communication center in the military, we used magnetic tape to store data.

Some of the most critical backups is/was done on tape. There can be issues with it, but I would say a corporate level tape storage is more reliable than a flash drive, given it's stored in the proper environment. I'm sure anyone with some years in IT has dealt with backup tape rotations.

TRENDING THREADS