Panther

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004

Hello,
I cannot boot Windows XP Pro anymore. I receive a blue screen of death
with the error 0x000067 (0x000001, 0x00000008, 0x00000035, 0x000000000.

Probably I messed up HD drivers. I have an alimagik motherboard, I used
ultraIDE drivers to enable ultradma, but to function they "transform"
the ide hard disk into a scsi unit (virtually).

I installed, then uninstalled, then reinstalled etc... Now I cannot
boot anymore.

I ask you: is there a way to manually restore original IDE drivers?

I can access the broken partition using another XP installation, so I
can modify registries and config files.

I tried with Windows XP Repair (from CD), no success. I tried almost
anything. I don't want to format because I had ALOT of personalizations
and settings on that Winxp installation.

Please there must be a way to remove those ultraide4008 drivers and
restore the old ones.

;)

thanks for suggestions.

(before changing mshdc.inf the error I had was 0x0000007b).

Hi

See if any of the following articles help:

http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-US&qu=0x00000067

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Will Denny wrote:
> Hi
>
> See if any of the following articles help:
>
> http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-US&qu=0x00000067
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups

Thanks Will, but no articles helped me to solve this problem.... They
say there's a problem with a faulty or unsupported driver, but I
already know it.... :(

6.3 Error 0x00000069 or 0x00000067
This initialization error indicates that Windows NT is unable to
communicate with the hard drive controller. Try the following:

· Slow down the DMA transfer rate on the controller.
· Make sure both ends of the SCSI bus are terminated.
· Make sure there are no IRQ or memory address conflicts.
· Make sure you are not using a faulty or unsupported driver.
· Make sure NTDETECT.COM is in the root of the boot drive partition.

· Make sure there are no missing Windows NT system files.

Will Denny wrote:
> Hi
>
> See if any of the following articles help:
>
> http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-US&qu=0x00000067
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups

Thanks Will, but no articles helped me to solve this problem.... They
say there's a problem with a faulty or unsupported driver, but I
already know it.... :(

6.3 Error 0x00000069 or 0x00000067
This initialization error indicates that Windows NT is unable to
communicate with the hard drive controller. Try the following:

· Slow down the DMA transfer rate on the controller.
· Make sure both ends of the SCSI bus are terminated.
· Make sure there are no IRQ or memory address conflicts.
· Make sure you are not using a faulty or unsupported driver.
· Make sure NTDETECT.COM is in the root of the boot drive partition.

· Make sure there are no missing Windows NT system files.

Hi

What do you mean by a "broken partition"?

Perhaps you could re-direct your question to the Hardware News Group: