Jul 22, 2019
a few weeks ago, i got the bluescreen of death. I managed to fix it without reinstalling windows. But then, last week it happend again, and the fix i used earlier didnt work. So i tried to fix it but nothing worked, I eventually reinstalled windows 10 and it seemed fine, but two days later, boom, bluescreen. reinstalled again, 2-3 days later. bluescreen. reinstalled AGAIN being very frustrated, and boom, same thing happend. this time i took the advice of my brother, who has worked with computers for quite a while, but he lives on the other side of the country, his advice was to not install a third party antivirus, getting a brand new installation media of windows as my old one was from 2016. and update my bios. for the moment everything seems fine. The last problems happend right after i installed GTA V so this time i will refrain from doing so. me and my brother also speculated that my SSD may be corrupt but not a single disk scan can find any problems so im not sure. if this does happend again, does anyone have any advice? the error code on the bluescreen has been diffrent each time. First time it was drivers that didnt work properly, then it was critical process died and i cant remember the other one. So if this has happend to anyone else, or if you have any ideas, please do tell me. thanks!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Please see this guide for BSOD for you to get the DMP files so we can help you further: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

If you cleaned install Windows and the issues returned, the problem was likely hardware or firmware, you already stated you updated BIOS. Did you install anything else before GTA V?

What is your full system spec including PSU make and model?
Do you recall the BSOD codes you are getting?
Posting the dump file on a file sharing site and posting here as shown in the guide above will be useful

Jul 22, 2019
Please see this guide for BSOD for you to get the DMP files so we can help you further: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

If you cleaned install Windows and the issues returned, the problem was likely hardware or firmware, you already stated you updated BIOS. Did you install anything else before GTA V?

Posting the dump file on a file sharing site and posting here as shown in the guide above will be useful
i installed the normal stuff like discord, opera, battle.net, geforce experience, spotify, steam, wallpaper engine and WoW, aswell as steelseries engine for my keyboard and headphones and logitech's mouse software.
I only remember CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and that was the last one i got. but i had 3 or 4 before that i cant remember.
and when ive created the BSOD dump file, they dont carry over through system reinstallations id guess, so how do i access them if i get another BSOD?

Jul 22, 2019

my specs are
asus TUF-Z370-PLUS motherboard
Intel i5 8600k CPU
EVGA gtx 1050-ti superclocked 4gb
4 sticks of corsair vengeance 4gb RAM
Coolermaster ma610p RGB cpu cooler
corsair cx750 watt psu
phanteks p350x case
kingston 500gb SSD
seagate barracuda 2tb HDD (not currently plugged in as of 4 days ago)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
i installed the normal stuff like discord, opera, battle.net, geforce experience, spotify, steam, wallpaper engine and WoW, aswell as steelseries engine for my keyboard and headphones and logitech's mouse software.
I only remember CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and that was the last one i got. but i had 3 or 4 before that i cant remember.
and when ive created the BSOD dump file, they dont carry over through system reinstallations id guess, so how do i access them if i get another BSOD?
They should be stored on your C drive in C:/dumps of C:/mindumps

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
my specs are
asus TUF-Z370-PLUS motherboard
Intel i5 8600k CPU
EVGA gtx 1050-ti superclocked 4gb
4 sticks of corsair vengeance 4gb RAM
Coolermaster ma610p RGB cpu cooler
corsair cx750 watt psu
phanteks p350x case
kingston 500gb SSD
seagate barracuda 2tb HDD (not currently plugged in as of 4 days ago)
Are all 4 sticks of your RAM from the same pack?
Is your PSU green label or grey label?
Are you running any overclock anywhere?

Jul 22, 2019
Are all 4 sticks of your RAM from the same pack?
Is your PSU green label or grey label?
Are you running any overclock anywhere?
all 4 are from the same pack yes, had em working fine for the last year. The PSU is grey label, no no overlock. Im not confident enough to do it quite yet :D

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
being as we don't know exactly what bugcheck codes you've encountered yet, there may be some immediate steps you could take to help narrow down the problem:

If running in safe mode or a full reinstall of Windows does not solve the problem, it's probably BIOS or hardware, you've already updated BIOS so bets would be on hardware.

• Check temperature of your GPU under load (should generally stay below 90 degrees)
  • Check temperature of your individual CPU cores under load (should stay below 85 degrees ideally)
  • Run HD Sentinel to indicate the health state of your storage drives
  • Remove RAM XMP if you have any
  • Run memtest to verify the integrity of your RAM modules

Jul 22, 2019
being as we don't know exactly what bugcheck codes you've encountered yet, there may be some immediate steps you could take to help narrow down the problem:

If running in safe mode or a full reinstall of Windows does not solve the problem, it's probably BIOS or hardware, you've already updated BIOS so bets would be on hardware.

• Check temperature of your GPU under load (should generally stay below 90 degrees)
  • Check temperature of your individual CPU cores under load (should stay below 85 degrees ideally)
Ill do all these steps when i get up tomorrow morning, will update you then, thanks!

Reactions: PC Tailor
Jul 22, 2019

temps on gpu is maxing out at 59C under load, cpu cores maxed out at around 50-55C during load
SSD temp is 35C and health is 92%, it tells me
"There are 5 bad sectors on the disk surface. The contents of these sectors were moved to the spare area.
At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.
It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.
The TRIM feature of the SSD is supported and enabled for optimal performance"

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
5 bad sectors is not a good thing, and usually they only get worse. So it could certainly be a culprit.

We can have another look at the detail if you are able to obtain the dump file and when you're able to get some results for the other questions :)

Jul 22, 2019
5 bad sectors is not a good thing, and usually they only get worse. So it could certainly be a culprit.

We can have another look at the detail if you are able to obtain the dump file and when you're able to get some results for the other questions :)
So basically, what i was thinking. Tomorrow im gonna check if my 2tb HDD is healthy. Clone all my files to that drive, and if it happends again i can just plug that harddrive in i wont have to install everything again.

My ssd is barely a year old, how does this happend? Im gonna talk to the people who fixed my pc last time (i ordered parts and they assembled it after my pc was fried by lightning) and see if they can either fix it or replace it. Cus an ssd this young shouldnt just go bad suddenly in my mind. I never pirate stuff, i never download anything sketchy. All i do is play wow, gta, league and such, aswell as study and leave reports to my teachers, i know everything in IT has a tendency to just not wanna work all of a sudden but i dont wanna throw money down a drain. Ill keep you updated mate

TRENDING THREADS