Error message catalyst control center/is is not supported by the driver version

redheadedjo

Honorable
Oct 30, 2012
Warning/Error Message : The Catalyst Control Center is not sujpported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver or enable your ATI adapter using the device manager.......I can not find any of this under Display Manager or anywhere else.......My computer keeps getting this warning message and it roars like a jet airplane. My grandson says I will probably need to update my graphics card and you would avise me on what to do. I cannot do anything without this happening and I am not coputer savy when it comes to doing something like this. Your help would be deeply appreciated..........Thank you so very much.

Darkoil

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
Has your computer just started getting this message but it was working fine before? Do you know what graphics card you have, whether it be onboard, PCI or both? If you go to control panel, system and security, system then click device manager at the top left scroll down to display adapter your GPU model should be listed here.

singahdude

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013

We experienced this with the Dell Optiplex 3010. During the time we were ordering 3010’s, Dell seems to have supplied us with 3 different iterations. There were different jack/adapter setups with each shipment. One version came with an additional graphics card and proprietary adapter for second monitor. It came with a driver that didn’t support Extended Display on dual monitors…it would only clone. So Dell had me d’load and install the “AMD Catalyst Control Center”. That fixed the problem and we incorporated that into the master image.

Other shipments did not have that graphics card, but just used the motherboard VGA and a HDMI adapter for second monitor. Those started having this error pop up.

The solution was to go to Control Panel/Programs and Features, find AMD Catalyst Install Manager, and right-click, select “Change”. Then a wizard opens where you launch “Uninstall Manager”. When it starts, select “Custom”. Finally, when presented with 3 checkboxes to “select which components to uninstall”, check the box next to Catalyst Control Center. Let it run and then reboot.

That's it!