Error message when I try to open Local security policy

When I try to open Local Security Policy the following error message appears:

>>Security templates
The Group Policy security settings that apply to this machine could not be
determined.
The error returned when trying to retrieve these settings from the local
security policy database (%windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb) was: The
parameter is incorrect.
All local security settings will be displayed, but no indication will be
given as to whether or not a given security setting is defined by Group
Policy.
Any local security setting modified through this User Interface may
subsequently be overrriden by domain-level policies.

How can I restore the local security policy settings?

Thank you
George Pan.
Τhanks

I forgot to mention:

WinXP pro with sp2, english version.

Thank you again

Hi George,

You need to repair the SECEDIT.SDB file

Open a command prompt and enter:

esentutl /p %windir%\security\database\secedit.sdb

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.