Error message when printing

I get a 'SPL-C ERROR - FALSE' or 'SPL-C ERROR - Incomplete session by
timeout' when I'm trying to print to my color laser. This message is
actually printed by the printer instead of a proper print job. It doesn't
happen all the time, just most of the time. Does anybody have any ideas.
I'd be grateful if you can help.

Many Thanks.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer?
www.coribright.com

"MobyDog" <MobyDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get a 'SPL-C ERROR - FALSE' or 'SPL-C ERROR - Incomplete session by
> timeout' when I'm trying to print to my color laser. This message is
> actually printed by the printer instead of a proper print job. It
> doesn't
> happen all the time, just most of the time. Does anybody have any ideas.
> I'd be grateful if you can help.
>
> Many Thanks.

Yes, I sure did Cari. At least five times in fact. I suspect the Samsung
printer (CLP-500) drivers and I haven't yet had a response from Samsung
Support. It's pretty strange because I use the printer mostly to print
proofs and thumbnails/contact sheets and also some documents but the error
shows up randomly no what type of file I am printing. I would understand
better if the printer baulked at large graphics files but small documents?
If I don't get a response from Samsung soon I'm taking the printer back.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the printer?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing/Imaging and Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "MobyDog" <MobyDog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I get a 'SPL-C ERROR - FALSE' or 'SPL-C ERROR - Incomplete session by
> > timeout' when I'm trying to print to my color laser. This message is
> > actually printed by the printer instead of a proper print job. It
> > doesn't
> > happen all the time, just most of the time. Does anybody have any ideas.
> > I'd be grateful if you can help.
> >
> > Many Thanks.

If you go to the "Device settings" tab under printer properties, if you have
"Job Timeout" or "Wait Timeout" raise these to like 300 and 900 seconds. This
appears to be a spooler timeout issue.

"MobyDog" wrote:

> I get a 'SPL-C ERROR - FALSE' or 'SPL-C ERROR - Incomplete session by
> timeout' when I'm trying to print to my color laser. This message is
> actually printed by the printer instead of a proper print job. It doesn't
> happen all the time, just most of the time. Does anybody have any ideas.
> I'd be grateful if you can help.
>
> Many Thanks.

Blades_07

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
Make sure as well that you do not have any old printer drivers from other brand or same one as it could interfear with the current printer driver.
It worked for me...
Go to the Registry entry and search for any other printers such as EPSON or others and delete the keys then reboot!!!
But be carrefull with REGEDIT don't delete anything not related to it!!!
Good luck to all and thanks for your input too!!!

Michel

Skyspy820

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
I HAVE THE FIX FOR THIS !!!

I had the exact same issue forever and it was making me crazy. I tried installing and uninstalling the printer and the drivers over and over, as well as countless other things, and nothing worked at all. Samsung support was useless, as they kept telling me the problem was either with windows or with my computer, which I knew was not the case.

Finally, on some weird German tech website I found a couple of people who were experiencing the same issue and fixed it. The problem was that THE USB PRINTER CABLE WAS TOO LONG!!! It appears that Samsung printers are REALLY picky about such things, and my 10 foot cable was causing time-out errors. A switch to a 5 foot cable quickly resolved everything. I never would have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes. A crazy, nerve-wracking problem with such a simple fix.............Ain't that how it always seems to go?

Toorop

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2009
Another fix found thanks to Skyspy820 post and after several hours spent on that.

The issue has been solved by adding a PCI board with 4 USB 2.0 ports.

It seems that the USB 2.0 ports embedded within my mother board ASUS A78N8X-X where not able to reach the speed requested to interwork with my samsung printer.

Hope it will help.

qasimi3882

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2011
Thanks Soooooooooooo Much...Toorop ..I solved my problem..I bought Samsung Ml-1675...and same error was there....

With USB hub ,I solve this one

EstimatedEyes

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Same problem with CLP-500 Samsung printer. Solved it just by unplugging and replugging the USB cable (mine is about 10-feet long as well). Thanks Skyspy820!