Status
Not open for further replies.
Drive link isn't public. Though generally the tests don't say much about "what's wrong" other than something is wrong. Test 5 and 6 tend to catch the most errors in my experience. You can sorta judge whats wrong in an overclock by the pattern of the errors (one or two rare errors every once in a while could be an IMC issue, or too low tRFC, tFAW, tRTP for example). Though the presence of errors at all, if at stock/XMP, is an issue and means you should RMA your ram.

I used Memtest86 some days ago in an attemp to solve a BSOD problem, and I had errors only in step 5. Could someone explain me the causes of this issue? Below will be the results provided.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uN-we5f7GVGExe2zfUYpb0KNr-S_VxSd/view?usp=sharing
Assuming no overclock then ANY errors are unacceptable. Test each stick separately, and the one that shows errors requires replacement. If you are overclocking then remove all such and retest. 0 errors is the only acceptable result.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Assuming no overclock then ANY errors are unacceptable. Test each stick separately, and the one that shows errors requires replacement. If you are overclocking then remove all such and retest. 0 errors is the only acceptable result.
In general if you bought a matched set they replace both sticks with another matched set so no reason to test each stick a fail is a fail.

Reactions: extreme_noob
Jun 2, 2020
I bought those sticks 3 years ago. Now, I'm using only one of the two memories I acquired, as the other was freezing my PC. I'm not using Overclock. My PC runs on 2400 MHz when XMP is not activated. My memories should get 3200MHz. I will try to turn on XMP, make fans work faster and put the voltage to 1.35V (as recommended by HyperX) [now it's 1.2 V]. If the test shows any other errors, I come back here and show the report. Thank you all in advance for the answers!

Jun 2, 2020
I did the test again, but now with XMP and Performance Mode activated. MemTest86 found 0 errors, which is very good. I'll continue with tests in order to confirm that BSODs disappeared, and if something changes, I post here the new events.

Status
Not open for further replies.