Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

I can't make this one, so I might as well throw it out there so I can maybe
at least find out what was there if someone here goes. Let us know!

FREEHOLD Sat 4/2 & Sun 4/3, 9-5 11 COBBLESTONE WAY (OFF Robertsville Rd.)
Lifetime Collection of $1,000,000. Home Must Be Sold! Incl: Contemp. BR, LR,
& Dining sets, curio cabinet, oriental rugs, huge amount of hand tools w/lg.
Snap-on tool chest, 100's of childrens toys & clothing. Video arcade
machines, hshold goods, inlay french clock,office desk, lthr sectional, lg.
screen TV, outdoor furn., Webber grill, computers, kit. set, files, exercise
equip., refrig., wine press, Grand piano & 1000's of other items.

not far from me but it's pourinmg rain out here today and i'm already a
little late for it. how do one of these work anyway.

"Pete" <pete@nakedpig.com> wrote in message
> I can't make this one, so I might as well throw it out there so I can
maybe
> at least find out what was there if someone here goes. Let us know!
>
> FREEHOLD Sat 4/2 & Sun 4/3, 9-5 11 COBBLESTONE WAY (OFF Robertsville Rd.)
> Lifetime Collection of $1,000,000. Home Must Be Sold! Incl: Contemp. BR,
LR,
> & Dining sets, curio cabinet, oriental rugs, huge amount of hand tools
w/lg.
> Snap-on tool chest, 100's of childrens toys & clothing. Video arcade
> machines, hshold goods, inlay french clock,office desk, lthr sectional,
lg.
> screen TV, outdoor furn., Webber grill, computers, kit. set, files,
exercise
> equip., refrig., wine press, Grand piano & 1000's of other items.

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

With estate sales, you try to get there early to either get a number or to
wait in line. You will never be among the very first because of the
hardcore dealers who know what they're doing. Then you get to walk through
someone's house and poke through their stuff. Usually cash only, items
priced by a worker and negotiable.

A lot of fun, especially the houses that are stuffed and require digging
through boxes and basements with a flashlight. I love it.

"keith corcoran" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> not far from me but it's pourinmg rain out here today and i'm already a
> little late for it. how do one of these work anyway.
>

> "Pete" <pete@nakedpig.com> wrote in message
>> I can't make this one, so I might as well throw it out there so I can
> maybe
>> at least find out what was there if someone here goes. Let us know!
>>
>> FREEHOLD Sat 4/2 & Sun 4/3, 9-5 11 COBBLESTONE WAY (OFF Robertsville Rd.)
>> Lifetime Collection of $1,000,000. Home Must Be Sold! Incl: Contemp. BR,
> LR,
>> & Dining sets, curio cabinet, oriental rugs, huge amount of hand tools
> w/lg.
>> Snap-on tool chest, 100's of childrens toys & clothing. Video arcade
>> machines, hshold goods, inlay french clock,office desk, lthr sectional,
> lg.
>> screen TV, outdoor furn., Webber grill, computers, kit. set, files,
> exercise
>> equip., refrig., wine press, Grand piano & 1000's of other items.

4 arcade games street fighter pole position older gun game and 1 other
that I forget. 250 each. 2 were pluged in and working didnt check the
others. Nice looking house that looked like there was a tornado inside
of. I was waiting to see the lines on the floor were the dead bodies
were. Very strange.

Thanks for the info. Always love reading the follow-ups.

Yea was very weird. I was thinking maybe kids broke in and trashed the
place but it was strange all the stuff that was left behind. Ted

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

I stopped by, my first thought was 'witness protection program'....

can't imagine what else would chase them out like that.... hopefully there
wasn't some tragedy, becuase it was a young family from the looks of
things... teenage boy that went to my alma matter (high school)...

man, there was still food in the fridge, clothes in the drawers, cosmetics
in the bathroom.... bed was made in the master br.... strange...

<Tmachcinsk@aol.com> wrote in message
> 4 arcade games street fighter pole position older gun game and 1 other
> that I forget. 250 each. 2 were pluged in and working didnt check the
> others. Nice looking house that looked like there was a tornado inside
> of. I was waiting to see the lines on the floor were the dead bodies
> were. Very strange.

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

You usually see that in an older person's home when they die and there is an
estate sale. Everything is left as it was before they died. Kinda creepy
but all the better for vintage finds. That is weird if it was obviously a
younger family though. I did a little research on that address and found it
was foreclosed upon late last year. Maybe that's a part of a bigger
story...

"Max" <pinballwizard@0pt0nline.net> wrote in message
>I stopped by, my first thought was 'witness protection program'....
>
> can't imagine what else would chase them out like that.... hopefully
> there
> wasn't some tragedy, becuase it was a young family from the looks of
> things... teenage boy that went to my alma matter (high school)...
>
> man, there was still food in the fridge, clothes in the drawers, cosmetics
> in the bathroom.... bed was made in the master br.... strange...
>

> <Tmachcinsk@aol.com> wrote in message
>> 4 arcade games street fighter pole position older gun game and 1 other
>> that I forget. 250 each. 2 were pluged in and working didnt check the
>> others. Nice looking house that looked like there was a tornado inside
>> of. I was waiting to see the lines on the floor were the dead bodies
>> were. Very strange.

I knew a guy that was in the same boat... he kept trying right up until the
end to raise money to stop the foreclosure... sheriff's showed up that
morning and took him and his family out of the house... they lost EVERYTHING
because they simply didn't take anything out of the house beforehand... when
the foreclosure happened anything that was still in the house was lost to
them... (they actually lost a mint toobin, altered beast, pacman and
galaga). Literally, they were in the same boat... when the sheriff showed
up they had to stop what they were doing (showering, eating) and leave...
didn't even let them pack (although they did let them take their car out of
the garage which was apparently nice of them (and I guess because it had
other leans, it probably was to complicated to bother with).