[SOLVED] Ethernet connection not detected

Feb 12, 2021
Hi all,

I just finished my first build with the MSI B450 A Pro Max motherboard. Everything seems to be working okay, but I'm now in windows and cannot connect to the internet.

I have my computer connected to my router via ethernet but I can't seem to actually establish a connection to the internet.

I read a bunch of posts and figured since it was a brand new build the LAN drivers were probably missing. I downloaded the LAN drivers on my mac and put them on a USB stick, which I plugged into my new build.

I was able to get as far as the setup wizard for my motherboard's LAN drivers, but it gave me an error message that said "the realtek ethernet controller was not found. If deep sleep mode is enabled please plug the cable"

Wondering about how I can fix this and get my PC connected to the internet.

popatim

Titan
Well... there goes the easy fix :/

Was this a fresh windows install?
- if Yes then did you install your chipset driver first?

Does it work from a live linux distro? (runs linux from a bootable flash drive)

There could be a short underneath the motherbd or it's a bad motherbd. Either way you need to take it out so, when you're ready to do that, look for a misplaced motherbd standoff screw. If you want to test the board outside of the case you just need the cpu & cooler, 1 ram stick, GPU, PSU and a boot drive

Feb 12, 2021
Well... there goes the easy fix :/

Was this a fresh windows install?
- if Yes then did you install your chipset driver first?

Does it work from a live linux distro? (runs linux from a bootable flash drive)

There could be a short underneath the motherbd or it's a bad motherbd. Either way you need to take it out so, when you're ready to do that, look for a misplaced motherbd standoff screw. If you want to test the board outside of the case you just need the cpu & cooler, 1 ram stick, GPU, PSU and a boot drive
Yes It was a fresh windows install. I don't think I have installed my chipset driver yet though. How can I go about doing that? I also have not tried it with a linux distro, not really sure how to do that either. I'm hoping there isn't anything wrong with my motherboard, do I need to take it out?

Feb 12, 2021