Question Ethernet problems

FancytheKiller

Honorable
May 15, 2016
Hello! I am having some trouble with my ethernet. If I switch to wifi, everything works fine, but if I use ethernet, i open google chrome and it says "your connection is not private". I am on windows 10 and dont know too much about all of this stuff. Ive tried flushing my dns, restarting my pc, and router, but no luck so far. The ethernet was working fine up until a few days ago, as far as I know, I did not download anything during that time frame. Any help is welcomed and appreciated, thanks again!

kanewolf

Titan
Hello! I am having some trouble with my ethernet. If I switch to wifi, everything works fine, but if I use ethernet, i open google chrome and it says "your connection is not private". I am on windows 10 and dont know too much about all of this stuff. Ive tried flushing my dns, restarting my pc, and router, but no luck so far. The ethernet was working fine up until a few days ago, as far as I know, I did not download anything during that time frame. Any help is welcomed and appreciated, thanks again!
That error says that you have a problem with the SSL. There should be additional error codes that help identify what type of error you are having.
Have you ever used a VPN or a proxy of any kind ?

FancytheKiller

Honorable
May 15, 2016
That error says that you have a problem with the SSL. There should be additional error codes that help identify what type of error you are having.
Have you ever used a VPN or a proxy of any kind ?
The error code in windows diagnostics says that it appears that its correctly configured, but the dns server is not responding. I have used a vpn in the past but not on this laptop.