Question Ethernet slows down after high load gaming?

Forz

Prominent
Jan 28, 2020
Hello, recently it hit me as I did a speed test once my computer gets particularly hot, and I am planning on bring the temperatures down with better airflow soon, however I wonder if there is anything such as 'network throttling' when your ethernet is slowed down due to heat. My CPU gets around 60-70c hot while gaming (ryzen 5 2600), and my GPU goes around 70-80c, 80c rarely (rtx2060). And yes, I need to improve my airflow, however after gaming, I need to restart my pc everytime as my bandwidth is slowed down drastically. For example I get around 80mbps download, and now i am getting about 10mbps speeds. Is there any way to prevent this for the time being, instead of getting better airflow? A setting perchance? Thanks!

Also please describe what the issue is, so I can know.

First of all your temps are actually not bad at all...60 to 70 degrees during gaming whilst a little bit hotter than normal is not bad and the same on the GPU. Yes better airflow would help. Of course it would be good to know what case and cooler with fans you are currently using for current airflow and your motherboard make and model to understand your current NIC setup.

As to the Ethernet issue, this might be something else like a driver issue. Sadly Ethernet and internet speeds is not a major area that I know well and hopefully others can jump in.