Ever Wanted Seven Water-Cooled Graphics Cards In The Same Machine? EKWB Made It Possible

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I think I saw this on some YouTube video where some guy ran 7 virtual machines on a single PC, creating a 7-gamer station with one computer. He had to use new (brand new at the time) AMD Nano GPUs but got some decent gaming results. I know he had to get a custom fab cooling system, I wonder if this is the same company that created his system for him.

kcarbotte

Contributing Writer
Editor
Mar 24, 2015

This is exactly the same block.
EK provided images from that setup, but they were watermarked with Linus Tech Tips' logo so we did not publish them on our site.

FUNANDJAM

Honorable
Nov 11, 2014

mapesdhs

Distinguished
Worth noting the top system on the Arion CUDA test site has seven Titans, though that was done with an external 4-way PCI Express splitter box, which in theory means one could connect up to 28 cards (but I doubt the drivers could handle that many).

Side note: years ago SGI was planning on increasing its GPU scaling support to 256 pipes and beyond. Given most of SGI's gfx people moved to NVIDIA, I wonder how much of that scaling dev knowledge went with them...

dstarr3

Distinguished

Seriously. I paid good money for my 980 Ti whereas YouTubers have like, five in their closet because all of their other rigs are already equipped with four each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS