Question EVERY game crashing on my PC

kwilliamson0232

Commendable
Jun 15, 2018
I'm having a serious issue with every game crashing. Some games it doesn't matter how low my settings are, it still crashes. Example, Cyberpunk can't even get past the character creation and I just freaking bought it.

I've had this issue for about a month now. I looked at event viewer and saw something about fatal hardware error. Then I remember I did have a power outage recently while my fiance was using my PC for work. Probably using a decent amount of power connecting to a remote server. Just thinking about it, it probably works out timeline wise for when my games started crashing. From what I can tell it's happening under load, when the games are using more power.

I ran a memory diagnostic and no errors there. GPU has no other issues as videos and everything else works fine. Just under load in games it crashes. My specs are below

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X (With included Wraith Prism cooler)
RAM: G.SKILL RGB x4
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070
PSU: Corsair RM850x (I think)
Motherboard: ROG STRIX X470-F gaming
Drives: Samsung 250gb SSD, 1TB Samsung M.2 SSD, and 1 TB HDD (but no games on HDD)

ARK1375

Honorable
Jun 15, 2014
How does it crash? like a bluescreen?
Check the PSU, if you can find a spare, swap it and check if the system works fine. Run some other loads like a benchmark and see if it makes a difference.
If the power outage is the cause of your issue, it probably damaged the PSU and now it can't handle delivering high rates of power.

kwilliamson0232

Commendable
Jun 15, 2018
So depending on the game it'll either exit right away and give me the box to send the error report. Or it'll freeze and hang or black screen and hang with audio still running in the background from the game. I'll have to ctrl alt delete and end the process to exit it and have to use my second monitor to do that. Also I've tried running FurMark for GPU and that crashes as well mid test. Even in 720p presets. Also id CPU stress test with Prime95 and all threads passed.