Question every setting on my pc seems to have reset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2019
everything reseted, but my harddisk. this have happend before, but this time i dont have savepoint to go back to...

Jun 26, 2019
every program is reseted. chrome, windows settings, itunes and all my games. even my background is set to black, and my folders and programs icons are gone.

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
The most obvious explaination is a virus. Do you have an antivirus and check from time to time your sistem? Have you downloaded something from quetionable/non-familiar websites?
If that's not the case, then try the automated repair. For more details, check a video-tutorial.
1. Turn off your computer.
2.1. Turn it back on.
2.2. Immediatly after, press repeatedly on the F8 key.
  1. Now should appear a black screen with more options, "Launch startup repair" would be highlighted. Press Enter.
  2. Follow the steps on the screen until you see the blueish Windows 7 login screen with a window.
  3. Click on "Start Automatic Repair".

Reactions: Janthug

sdedu77

Respectable
Dec 9, 2018
If that didn't work, open command prompt as administrator. There are 2 commands I'm going to suggest:
  1. Type SFC /SCANNOW (remember to add a space before "/")
  2. If that didn't work, try with chkdsk. There are multiple steps, it would be simpler and easier to provide you a video-tutorial instead, like this one.

As said above, most likely a corrupted profile causing a temporary profile to be created on each login. See the following link for how to proceed:

Jun 26, 2019
If that didn't work, open command prompt as administrator. There are 2 commands I'm going to suggest:
  1. Type SFC /SCANNOW (remember to add a space before "/")
  2. If that didn't work, try with chkdsk. There are multiple steps, it would be simpler and easier to provide you a video-tutorial instead, like this one.

what do i type if i find problems after i write SFC /SCANNOW in cmd?
the steps in the video didnt work, said i didnt have any problems with the disk on that command. but yours did

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
Try doing this:
  1. Download Revo Uninstaller, and uninstall any suspicious program that you don't remember that you installed in your computer
  2. Reboot and enter Safe Mode with network support.
  3. Download and scan with ADWCleaner.
  4. Download and scan with Malwarebytes.
  5. If needed, refresh your browsers.

Try doing this:
  1. Download Revo Uninstaller, and uninstall any suspicious program that you don't remember that you installed in your computer
  2. Reboot and enter Safe Mode with network support.
  3. Download and scan with ADWCleaner.
  4. Download and scan with Malwarebytes.
  5. If needed, refresh your browsers.
All of which does absolutely nothing to fix a corrupted profile. Create a new profile and transfer what can be transferred from the old one is the only thing that can be done in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.