Question EVGA 450BT

Syous13

Prominent
Dec 25, 2019
Hey guys, so I’m debating getting a new EVGA 450BT for my wife’s rig, she’s rocking a ryzen 5 1400, 8gb dual channel, a 128gb SSD and a XFX 7870 Ghost (for now, might upgrade to something like a 970 seeing as she doesn’t game that much.) Would the PSU vê enough? It’s 450w Bronze certified but I do know it’s a budget unit with a 30C cap.

No, it would not be "enough" for a GTX 970, and is not enough for an HD 7870 if you follow the recommendations.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

Plus, that is not a very good quality unit. More of a VERY mediocre quality unit, better used for low powered systems with only slot powered graphics cards. You want something in the 550w range for both the HD 7870 and the GTX 970.

Recommended model information can be found in my recommendations thread here:

mangaman

Honorable
500 watts is the minimum on that card. The EVGA 450BT is not the greatest and just because it's 80 plus bronze, does not mean it's a good qaulity PSU.

80 plus means how efficiently a PSU can run under certain loads. It's not a quality standard, nor a manufacturing standard. There are some 80 plus golds that are just plain terrible, in terms of quality, and 80 plus bronze's that will last for a very long time.

The only really affordable and good quality PSU I can think of off the top of my head, is the newer Corsair CX series, specifically the CX550 for your build.