News EVGA and Zotac Raise GeForce RTX 30-Series Ampere GPU Pricing

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Manufacturers have had almost three years to move their production to Republic of China Taiwan, the US or another favored country from the ChiComs. Tariffs started going on ChiComs in March of 2018.

Reactions: Why_Me

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
how hard could it be to move a multi-billion dollar plant, retrain a workforce, redesign all the shipping to and from the new plant and so on and so on??

sorry gurg but it's pretty silly to expect them to do that, when all they have to do is pass the tariff to the customer. no skin off their back.

i don't blame them for passing that cost along. never expected anything other than that to happen really. would you eat 25% tax, which is likely a good bit of the profit margin??

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I noticed Asus jacked up their prices last week, and then other manufacturers like Zotac and EVGA followed this week. The new prices are too high. I like PC gaming, but consoles just make more financial sense at this point. A 3060 costs more than a new XBox now -- and that's on top of being harder to actually find in stock!

Bastard2k

Prominent
Feb 18, 2020
now i feel even better about a 1000$ card that crashes constantly in browsers unless you crank it up to 90W at idle.

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
Why the lying headline? The manufacturers themselves are blaming a large number of factors for this increase, not simply tariffs, and their own words (as well as simple common sense) indicates that the primary factor is supply-chain and logistic disruptions due to Covid-19.

Jan 13, 2021
Funny.. in all my years I have never seen blame put on the shoulders of a person so many times. And we've had some crappy men in office. Seems you can only believe what the televison provides (BS). Guess it's time to be done with this venue well. I'll be informing my customers at my computer store. Been a good run tomshardware, but your expressed ignorance is beyond the pale.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
how is the title lying?

it says they raised prices and they did. so how is that lying??

the article shows prices before and what they are now. how is that wrong?

the article states "On top of that, the Trump administration has imposed a 25% tax on graphics cards that are manufactured in China, so the nightmare only gets worse" how is that wrong?

it does not state the only reason prices are going up, but that on top of everything else going on, the new tarriffs are an issue with prices. whine if you want, but there is nothing untrue in the article.

you may not like the truth, but it's still the truth :)

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
how is the title lying?
The headline: "New tariffs force graphics card vendors to increase pricing."

Tariffs are only one factor, not the primary factor, and even cards and other computer hardware not manufactured in China (and thus not subject to tariffs) are seeing price increases.

When you can explain how Chinese tariffs are responsible for price increases on products not made in China, you can call the headline honest. Not until then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gurg and Why_Me

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
"EVGA and Zotac Raise GeForce RTX 30-Series Ampere GPU Pricing"

what are you smoking? i can screenshot it if you are still confused...i've clicked on this multiple times now and it says the same thing everytime..............
Perhaps you're not using your browser properly then. Try this link.

BTW, recent advances in technology now allow web sites to modify articles after they have been posted. The text in Admin Post #1 was the original text from the home page link.

Reactions: Why_Me

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
oh ok, you're not talking about the article itself, but the text here in the forum.

ok i see that now. i just read the actual article and went with what it said. but hey if you want to be upset with that line and disregard the article itself, then go for it. whatever gets you through your day :)

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
oh ok, you're not talking about the article itself, but the text here in the forum.
Incorrect again. As already stated, I was referring to the original text of the article's headline. The only reason I even saw the text in the forum was because I clicked through to respond to the headline.

Funny.. in all my years I have never seen blame put on the shoulders of a person so many times. And we've had some crappy men in office. Seems you can only believe what the televison provides (BS). Guess it's time to be done with this venue well. I'll be informing my customers at my computer store. Been a good run tomshardware, but your expressed ignorance is beyond the pale.

Here let me fix it for you.
"Trump administration has imposed a 25% tax on graphics cards that are manufactured in China"
The American leadership that decided to renegotiate our trade agreements has imposed a 25% tax on graphics cards that are manufactured in China.

BTW, you're as sensitive as a 9 yr old girl. And not everyone believes that all news is fake. That's a pretty wild conspiracy theory. Maybe the lies are coming from somewhere else instead of every major news network.

"Been a good run tomshardware"
I also see you have a new login with 1 post made the same day. This post, mostly politically heated.
So, you joined this forum to post political BS?

Trustdesa

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
lol let's not forget where Cornavirus Come from, please.....and you still want to depend on a country like China? Really? Fault lies with corrupted tech companies really... and I am no American nor I care about USA politics, simple common sense :D

Also these is nonsense, they have huge markup (Nvidia and AMD no AIB) so please blame it on both these price gauging companies, to include the "consumers friendly" AMD, if you are here you know how to google so can check what I am talking about.

Fact is this is a nail in the coffin for PC Gaming, how many people you think are going to spend 400 for mid tier? Of course you can be a fanboys and bark like a dog, you are just a poor human being as person, look at steam hardware survey, 1060 is till top dog and it was $280 at launch and hey....the Vram offered back the wasp plenty, now they offer you (on most 30xx) enough to last you what? One year and half before devs optimize for more vram in PS5 (that can be allocated as vram from shared), basic common sense.

20xx is no where to be seen on survey in decent position except the 2060 which could not even RTX really...

Fact is upgrading makes little sense, some enthusiast with little common sense will do, to no avail, same as 2080ti owners, paid a silly price and got what 5 rtx games in years? If there is no wide installed base of something devs won't bother as they did not in mid 2000s when no one was even considering PC for gaming that much.

Check your facts...it is not a pretty picture :D

TRENDING THREADS