[SOLVED] Excel ID problem

Inet

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2013
Hi

I would appreciate your suggestions.

I'm building an excel table. In first sheet I put data, and through a macro I register the data in a second sheet that will serve as a database. Several fields are filled (name, address, location, etc...).
But I want to give each registered person an ID to use in other sheets that I will go to build.

But I have a problem.

For example: I type data in the first sheet wich I give ID number 1. I run the macro and it saves all the data to the second sheet with ID number 1, and recreates the next ID, in the first sheet, in this case number 2. All automatically. All ok. But then when I repeat the process and it saves the new data in the second sheet, it assumes ID number 1 again in the sheet number 2, instead of ID number 2. However in the first sheet it jumps automatically to ID number 3. And if I repeat the process, it assumes ID number 1 again in the second sheet with the new data and the first changes to 4. And successively. So, all data lines in the second sheet assume ID number 1 and the first sheet manages to increment them.
Can someone explain to me how to increment the ID sequence in this second sheet, following the increment of the first one?

Thanks

Solution
I know, but I need to use the table in an android device through the office mobile app.
You can't do it on the Excel software on a PC or Mac, therefore you can't do this on an Android device

Autoincrements are the preserve of databases when it is setup like that. There is no way to do that in Excel, unless this is done possibly with VB, which means it will have to be developed on a PC. Can't imagine this being done on an Android device

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
I know, but I need to use the table in an android device through the office mobile app.
You can't do it on the Excel software on a PC or Mac, therefore you can't do this on an Android device

Autoincrements are the preserve of databases when it is setup like that. There is no way to do that in Excel, unless this is done possibly with VB, which means it will have to be developed on a PC. Can't imagine this being done on an Android device

Solution